be quiet! Pure Power 9 600W Power Supply Review
Introduction, Features and Specifications
The German manufacturer be quiet! is best known for their attention to silence. They are currently introducing four new models in their entry-level Pure Power series, which includes the Pure Power 9 400W, 500W, 600W, and 700W power supplies. Be quiet! is targeting these power supplies to budget-minded users for use in silent PC builds, office applications, multimedia and home theater systems. The new Pure Power 9 series will replace the Pure Power L8 series.
All of the Pure Power 9 series power supplies are 80 Plus Silver certified for high efficiency (the L8 series is Bronze certified) and feature modular cables and a 120mm cooling fan. The power supplies are designed with dual +12V rails and incorporate a new active clamp and synchronous rectifier technology with zero voltage and zero current switching for increased efficiency. We will be taking a detailed look at the Pure Power 9 600W power supply in this review.
be quiet! Pure Power 9 600W PSU Key Features:
• Exceptionally quiet operation (be quiet! silence-optimized 120mm fan)
• 80 Plus Silver certified with up to 91% power conversion efficiency
• Two +12V rails and four PCI-E connectors for multi- GPU systems
• Active Clamp + Synchronous Rectification circuit design
• Modular cable management with flat ribbon-style peripheral cables
• Meets latest Intel C6/C7, ErP and Energy Star guidelines
• Active Power Factor correction (0.99) with Universal AC input
• Product conception, design and QC in Germany, manufactured in China
• 3-Year warranty
The Pure Power 9 600W power supply is rated for a combined, continuous output power of up to 600 watts. The maximum operating temperature is not specified. The PSU incorporates dual +12V rails that can deliver up to 48A combined (32A 12V1 and 28A 12V2). The PSU includes universal AC line input (automatically adjusts the AC line voltage) and active PFC, which makes the unit more environmentally friendly to the local power grid.
(Courtesy of be quiet!)
Pure Power 9 600W PSU Specifications:
(Courtesy of be quiet!)
Packaging and Parts
The be quiet! Pure Power 9 600W power supply arrived packed inside a standard retail box showcasing the unit’s features and specifications.
In addition to the power supply, the box contains a power cord, mounting screws, a User Manual, wire ties, and two bundles of modular cables.
Five flat ribbon-style modular cables (see table above for lengths and connector count).