Thermaltake Suppressor F31 Silent Mid-Tower Case
Introduction and Features
There has been growing interest in recent years in quiet computing with more users looking for components that will help them build a quiet PC. Thermaltake’s new Suppressor F31 Silent ATX mid-tower chassis is aimed squarely at this audience. Thermaltake has been around since 1999 and is a well-respected name in the PC industry. They offer a full line of cases, power supplies, cooling components, and accessories.
The Suppressor F31 chassis is available with or without a side window and comes in black. Thermaltake also offers several other variations in the Suppressor line, which include the Suppressor F31 Power Cover Edition (large baffle located over the PSU area) and the Suppressor F51 Mid-Tower case (slightly larger chassis capable of mounting an Extended-ATX form factor motherboard). We will be taking a detailed look at the Suppressor F31 Window ATX Mid-Tower Chassis in this review.
The Thermaltake Suppressor F31 is wider than most mid-tower enclosures (250mm/9.8”) and incorporates sound dampening panels on the front, top and both sides. Note: the Window version replaces the left side panel sound dampening material with a large acrylic window. The top panel has three separate sound dampening panels that can easily be removed to make room for additional case fans or a top mounted liquid cooling radiator. The Suppressor F31 comes with two quiet case fans installed: one 120mm intake on the front and one 120mm exhaust on the back.
The roomy chassis offers numerous options for adding more case fans (up to nine total) for increased airflow as well as several options for installing liquid cooling systems of various sizes (single, dual, and/or triple fan/radiators). All of the potential fan locations are designed to mount either 120mm or 140mm fans. The front panel can mount one 200mm fan and the top panel can mount two 200mm fans if desired.
(Courtesy of Thermaltake)
Suppressor F31 Window ATX Mid-Tower Case Key Features:
• Mid-Tower ATX enclosure (HxWxD, 497x250x515mm, 19.5x9.8x20.3”)
• Large clear acrylic side window (also available without a side window)
• Supports ATX, Micro-ATX and Mini-ITX motherboards (F51 supports E-ATX)
• Extremely quiet case for noise sensitive applications
• Sound dampening panels on front, side, and top
• Easily removed dust filters on front, top and bottom panels
• Two included Thermaltake fans (120mm intake and 120mm exhaust)
• Numerous cooling options for adding fans and/or liquid cooling
• (2) USB 3.0, (2) USB 2.0 and HD audio jacks on the top I/O panel
• Three internal 3.5” hard drive / 2.5” SSD trays
• Three optional 3.5”/2.5” drive mounting locations behind mobo tray
• Two external 5.25” drive bays
• Tool-free mounting for all 3.5” internal and 5.25” external drives
• Up to 278mm (10.9”) clearance for graphic cards
• Up to 420mm (16.5”) for long graphic cards (with HDD cage removed)
• Up to 180mm (7.1”) of space for tall CPU coolers
• Price: $99.99 USD
The large side window gives a clear view inside the case to show off all your high-end hardware. Alternately the Suppressor F31 can be purchased without a side window, which provides one additional fan mounting location for a total of nine.
Adding a 120mm or 140mm intake fan to the left side panel can provide great airflow into (or out of) the GPU area!