Introduction and Technical Specifications
The newly released Vue Coolant is the latest coolant product from Primochill, offering one of their most unique products to date. Their Vue Coolant shows as a solid color at rest and fractalizes when in motion, creating a random visualization with your water loop under power. The coolant is water based and tested by Primochill as safe for any same metal copper based loops, as well as safe to use with acrylic components. Currently, Primochill offers Vue coolant in a large variety of colors all with an MRSP of $24.95 for a 1 quart container.
Courtesy of Primochill
One of the coolest properties of Primochill's Vue coolant is its fractalization properties when in motion. The fluid shown is at rest on the left and in motion on the right. Notice how random patterns emerge in the right bottle, forming unique visuals. The visualizations are caused by particles in suspension in the coolant itself.
Courtesy of Primochill
Primochill currently offers their Vue coolant in the 18 colors shown, ranging from dark red (Crimson) to Yellow with even more colors promised in the future. They have ensured that the Vue coolant will fit in almost any system build imaginable with their broad color palette.
Courtesy of Primochill
To best prep an existing system and cooling loop for use with their Vue coolant, Primochill developed System Reboot. You simply add the bottle's contents to a gallon of distilled water and run it through your loop for up to 24hrs. It was designed to remove any residue or staining from your system components, leaving them like new. Primochill designed this cleaning agent specifically for Vue system preparation because of the Vue coolant's fragile nature when exposed to other coolant compounds.
Continue reading our review of the Primochill Vue Coolant!
Technical Specifications (taken from the Primochill website)
|Primochill Vue Coolant
||32 fluid ounces
||2 years (unopened)
||None - Ready to use
||Additives / Fluids:
VUE (same color only).
- Do not mix ANY additional additives, coolants or silver coils with Vue. This will change the formulation of Vue causing undesirable results.
- Vue is NOT compatible with Mayhems Pastel fluid. Results may vary even after a full system flush if your loop previously had Mayhems pastel.
- Not compatible with any aluminum components including radiators.
- Safe to use with all rubber gaskets, acrylic tubing, pvc tubing, petg tubing, glass tubing, as well as nickel and copper components.
- Use of certain cleaners and coolants (such as Mayhems Blitz,Thermaltake C1000 or EK Cryofuel) in your loop prior to VUE require extensive cleaning due to coating of the components. Vue should be used at your own risk only after extensive cleaning.
|Known incompatible components include but NOT limited to
||Any Wetted Aluminum
Thermaltake Brand - Radiators
EK Aluminum Kits
Enermax - NEOChanger Reservoir
- PrimoChill has gone to great lengths to make Vue as easy to use as possible, but please keep in mind that Vue is for experienced users looking for that extra aesthetic and requires more attention and maintenance. During the filling of your loop, induction of any air is NOT recommended. Allowing the pump to suck air into the loop or running it dry may cause PrimoChill Vue to break down and fail. Slowly add PrimoChill Vue to your system to make sure you are not adding any additional air into the system. It’s recommended to have direct manual control over the speed/power of your pump when adding PrimoChill Vue to your loop. Run it at a medium-low speed with the ability to turn off the pump quickly if necessary. Cycling your pump on and off during the filling process will help in reducing the amount of air that you allow into the system.
- For best results, use Vue with a newly built watercooling loop. If this is not possible, first ensure that each component is thoroughly cleaned by hand and dried. Next, use PrimoChill System Reboot to flush the system prior to adding PrimoChill Vue.
- Vue has a HIGH attraction to dyes. It's possible that Vue may leach old dyes out of components that had previous dyed coolants ran through them (radiators in particular). No amount of flushing with water will remove all previous dyes. This may result in Vue changing color slightly. For best results flush your system with PrimoChill System ReBoot prior to using VUE in existing systems that contained dyed coolant.
- Continuous circulating of VUE 24/7 will severely decrease lifespan. Please turn off your computer when not in use. Vue should not be moving for more than 8 hours continuously.
- Please be advised that the color and texture of Vue may change slightly compared to the fluid in the bottle over time once you put it in your loop. Vue may develop clear areas in the top of the reservoir and tubes as it reacts with metals and chemicals in your loop resulting in a slightly thicker fluid. This will not impact the performance of Vue. Running the pump will return Vue to its original state.
- This product is NOT intended to be used in conjunction with any other coolant or additive. Vue contains biological inhibitors so no additional coolant or additives are needed. Adding anything extra could result in adverse effects and will void all support and warranty. Please keep a close eye on the fluid and parts in your loop. Drain and inspect immediately if any sign of growth or corrosion develops. PrimoChill recommends replacing Vue every 4-6 months (or sooner) for best results!
- PrimoChill is not responsible for any hardware damage. Use at your own risk.
|Primochill System Reboot
||Mix with 1 Gallon of DI or distilled water
||2 Years, Unopened
Environmentally Responsible, Safe, and Non Toxic Product
Pre-Mixed. Just Add to a Gallon of Water
Safe on All Plastics, Rubbers, and Miscellaneous Gasket Materials, Including Acrylic.