NZXT Sentry LX Fan Controller Review
Features and Specifications
NZXT’s complete line of PC enclosures, power supplies, and accessories has quickly gained market recognition among PC enthusiasts and gamers alike. The new NZXT Sentry LX fan controller is pure eye-candy that will dress up and draw attention to any custom build along with being quite useful.
The Sentry LX is a large, dual 5.25” bay device designed to display the speed of five fans and five temperature zones. And it allows automatically controlling the speed of each fan based on the temperature in five different zones. The large color LCD screen displays fan speed and temperature along with time and date. Push buttons on the front panel allow shifting from automatic to manual control at the touch of a finger.
NZXT Sentry LX Main Features and Specifications:
• Large LCD screen
• Five animated channels that display fan speed and temperature
• Automatic fan speed control based on temperature (with Manual override)
• Programmable temperature alarm for each channel
• Each fan’s operational status indicated with animated graphics
• Supports up to 4 watts per channel
• Displays time, date, and day of the week
• Easy to install and setup
• Requires two 5.25” bays for installation
Packaging and Includes
The NZXT Sentry LX fan controller comes securely packed in a colorfully printed box that includes everything needed for easy installation and setup.
• Sentry LX fan controller
• Five Temperature sensors plus two spares
• Thermal tape for attaching temperature sensors
• Battery (CR2032)
• Mounting screws
• Printed User’s Manual
Note: There are five independent channels for controlling and monitoring fans. More than one fan can be connected to a channel as long as the total current draw per channel does not exceed 0.33A (4W) – more on this later.