NZXT H440 White Mid-Tower Case Review
Final Thoughts and Conclusions
(Courtesy of NZXT)
NZXT’s new H440 is a very interesting case. It features a door-less design with no external drive bays for a clean look and comes with a 3/4 window on the left side to show off the motherboard area. At first glance, not having an optical disc drive to load programs, etc. from, might be a concern to some; but with more and more content being available online for download it’s becoming a legacy item. And if you really need an ODD/Burner, there are plenty of external devices available with USB 3.0 connectivity.
The H440 includes four NZXT FN V2 fans, three mounted in the front blowing in and one in the back blowing out. This provides excellent air cooling and results in positive air pressure inside the case, which along with the two included air filters helps keep dust out. The H440 is also water-cooling friendly with support for radiators of various sizes on the front, top, and/or rear panels.
(Courtesy of NZXT)
Internally, the H440 can support up to eight 3.5”/2.5” HDDs/SSDs. There are five removable drive trays in the front which can mount either 3.5” or 2.5” drives, and there is a sixth location on the bottom panel underneath the removable trays. And finally, there are two 2.5” drive trays mounted on top of the power supply section shroud, below the motherboard area.
The H440 will be available in matte black with red accents or gloss white with black accents. Both versions are very nice looking!
The H440 features a lighted NZXT logo on the side of the shroud that conceals the power supply and wiring/cabling, which is visible through the side panel window. Two LED work lights are provided on the back so you won’t have to reach for a flashlight or fumble around in the dark to make connections.
The MSRP for the NZXT H440 Mid-Tower case is slated to be $119.99 USD and the H440 should be available soon.
• Mid-tower PC case with sleek, clean styling
• Available in matte black with red accents or gloss white with black accents
• Four NZXT FN V2 case fans preinstalled for excellent case cooling
• Two removable dust filters (front intake and under PSU intake)
• Large side window to show off internal hardware
• Lighted NZXT logo on the side and two LED work lights on the back panel
• Support for up to eight internal HDDs/SSDs
• Support for water-cooling radiators: front, top, and/or back
• Cable routing cutouts with rubber grommets
• Large CPU back plate cut out for easy CPU cooler upgrades
• Top panel has 2 USB 3.0, 2 USB 2.0 and audio in/out ports
• Supports ATX, Micro-ATX, and Mini-ITX motherboards
• Allows installing extended VGA adapters (up to 460mm long)
• Power supply easy to install (slides into the case from the rear)
• 2-Year warranty
• Interior can become a bit crowded when using a large radiator on the top panel along with a full ATX mobo
NZXT H440 Mid-Tower Case
I would like to thank our friends at NZXT for sending us the H440 case to review – thank you!