Kingwin Lazer Platinum Series 550W Power Supply Review
Final Thoughts and Conclusions
The Kingwin Lazer Platinum Series LZP-550 is a very impressive power supply. It delivered the best efficiency numbers we have seen to date and easily met the new 80PLUS Platinum certification criteria. It also delivered very good voltage regulation with clean outputs. The LZP-550 PSU is dead silent at low to mid power levels and continues to be very quiet even at full load. It includes a good assortment of both fixed and modular cables/connectors and as Kingwin claims, can be overclocked to 650W. And to make things even better, Kingwin has increased their traditional 3-year warranty to 5-years for the LZP-550. Highly recommended.
The Kingwin LZP-550 PSU comes with an MSRP of $169.99 USD but is currently available from newegg.com for $149.99 USD (April 2011).
• Outstanding efficiency (meets 80PLUS Platinum standards)
• 550W continuous DC output (easily overclocked to 650W)
• Very good voltage regulation
• Clean DC outputs with minimal AC ripple
• 140mm fan with Intelligent Thermal Control System
• Silent at low to mid power and relatively quiet at full power
• Single +12V output can deliver up to 45.5A (546W)
• Four PCI-E connectors can support multiple high-end graphic adapters
• Active PFC with universal AC input
• Good combination of fixed and modular cables/connectors
• 5-year warranty
• None noted
I would like to thank our friends at Kingwin for sending us the LZP-550 PSU to review. Be sure to use our price checking engine to find the best price on any of Kingwin’s products or anything else you may want to buy!
And if you have any questions or comments about the article, or would like to see what others have to say about the Kingwin LZP-550 PSU, just click into our Case, Cooling and Power Supply forum to join in the discussion!