EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2L Power Supply Review
Introduction and Features
EVGA recently introduced two power supplies in the new Supernova G2L Series, the 750W G2L and the 850W G2L. We will be taking a detailed look at the 750 G2L in this review. The Supernova G2L Series is based on EVGA’s popular G2 series but now adds white LED lighting into the modular connectors on the front side of the power supply.
The Supernova G2L series power supplies are 80 Plus Gold certified for high efficiency and feature all modular cables, high-quality Japanese brand capacitors, a quiet 135mm cooling fan, and ECO Thermal control which enables fan-less operation at low to mid power. All G2L series power supplies are NVIDIA SLI and AMD Crossfire Ready and are backed by a 10-year EVGA warranty!
EVGA SuperNOVA 750W G2L PSU Key Features:
• 10-Year warranty with unparalleled EVGA Customer Support
• 80 PLUS Gold certified, with up to 90%/92% efficiency (115VAC/240VAC)
• Highest quality Japanese brand capacitors ensure long-term reliability
• Fully modular cables to reduce clutter and improve airflow
• Quiet 135mm ball bearing fan for exceptional reliability and quiet operation
• ECO Thermal Control allows silent, fan-less operation at low power
• NVIDIA SLI & AMD Crossfire Ready
• Active Power Factor correction (0.99) with Universal AC input
• White LEDs built into modular connectors
Here is what EVGA has to say about the new Supernova G2L power supplies: “The unbeatable performance of the EVGA SuperNOVA G2 power supply line is now available with LED lighting in the new G2L versions. These units feature 80 Plus Gold rate efficiency, and clean continuous power to every component. The ECO Control Fan system offers fan modes to provide absolutely zero fan noise during low to medium load operations. Backed by an award winning 10 Year Warranty, and 100% Japanese capacitor design, the EVGA SuperNOVA 850/750 G2L power supplies offer unbeatable performance at an unbeatable value.”
EVGA was founded in 1999 with headquarters in Brea, California. They continue to specialize in producing NVIDIA based graphics adapters and Intel based motherboards and keep expanding their PC power supply product line, which includes over forty models ranging from the high-end 1,600W SuperNOVA T2 to the budget minded EVGA 400W power supply.
(Courtesy of EVGA)
As you can see in the table above, EVGA currently offers nine different variations of 750W power supplies. Let’s get started with the review and see if the new 750W G2L model can deliver the same great performance we have come to expect from the original G2 Series.