EVGA 750W GQ Power Supply Review
Introduction and Features
(Courtesy of EVGA)
EVGA continues to expand their already huge PC power supply line with the introduction of the GQ series, which are aimed at price conscious consumers who want good value while still maintaining many of the performance features found in EVGA’s premium models. The GQ Series contains four models ranging from 650W up to 1000W: the EVGA 650 GQ, 750 GQ, 850 GQ and 1000 GQ. We will be taking a detailed look at the 750 GQ in this review.
The GQ series power supplies are 80 Plus Gold certified for high efficiency and feature all modular cables, high-quality Japanese brand capacitors, and a quiet 135mm cooling fan with a fluid dynamic bearing. All GQ series power supplies are NVIDIA SLI and AMD Crossfire Ready and are backed by a 5-year warranty.
EVGA 750W GQ PSU Key Features:
• Fully modular cables to reduce clutter and improve airflow
• 80 PLUS Gold certified, with up to 90%/92% efficiency (115VAC/240VAC)
• 100% Japanese brand capacitors ensure long-term reliability
• Quiet 135mm Fluid Dynamic bearing fan for reliability and quiet operation
• ECO Intelligent Thermal Control allows silent, fan-less operation at low power
• NVIDIA SLI & AMD Crossfire Ready
• Ready for 4th Generation Intel Core Processors (C6/C7 Idle Mode)
• Compliant with ErP Lot 6 2013 Requirement
• Active Power Factor correction (0.99) with Universal AC input
• 5-Year warranty and EVGA Customer Support
EVGA was founded in 1999 with headquarters in Brea, California. They continue to specialize in producing NVIDIA based graphics adapters and Intel based motherboards and keep expanding their PC power supply product line, which currently includes thirty-eight models ranging from the high-end 1,600W SuperNOVA T2 to the budget minded EVGA 400W power supply.
(Courtesy of EVGA)
As you can see in the table above, EVGA currently offers seven different variations of 750W power supplies. Let’s get started with the review and see what makes this new 750W GQ model stand out from the rest.