Corsair HX Series 850W Platinum Power Supply Review
Introduction and Features
(Courtesy of Corsair)
Corsair recently updated their HX Series power supplies which now include four models: the HX750, HX850, HX1000 and HX1200. The HX Series is targeted towards advanced users for use in gaming rigs, overclocking systems, and any PC that demands rock-solid stability. Corsair states the HX Series power supplies provide extremely tight voltage regulation, quiet operation, Platinum-level efficiency and come with a fully modular cable set. In addition, the HX Series power supplies are built with all Japanese 105°C capacitors and come backed by a 10-year warranty.
Note: Corsair offers essentially the same four models in their HXi Series, which also includes the Corsair Link digital interface for software based monitoring and control.
We will be taking a detailed look at the new HX Series 850W power supply in this review.
Corsair HX Series PSU Key Features:
• 750W, 850W, 1000W, and 1200W models
• Max power output at server-grade 50°C temperature rating
• 80 Plus Platinum efficiency certification
• 10-Year warranty
• ZeroRPM mode for fan-less operation at low loads
• Quiet 135mm cooling fan with FDB
• All capacitors are Japanese brand, 105°C rated
• Fully modular cable set
• Switch allows selecting either Single or Multiple Rail +12V outputs
• Complies with ATX12V v2.4 and EPS 2.92 standards
• 6th Generation Intel Core processor Ready
• Full suite of protection circuits: OVP, UVP, SCP, OPP and OTP
• Active PFC with full range AC input (100-240 VAC)
• MSRP for the HX850 is $159.99 USD
• MSRP for the HX850i with Corsair Link is $199.99 USD
Another advanced feature incorporated into all HX Series power supplies is a little switch on the front panel that allows selecting either Single or Multiple +12V rail outputs.