Corsair AX850 Titanium Power Supply Review
Introduction and Features
In this review we are taking a detailed look at one of Corsair’s new power supplies the AX850 Titanium. The AX Titanium series currently includes two models, the AX850 (850W) and the AX1000 (1,000W). Both power supplies comply with the highest standards for efficiency (80 Plus Titanium certification) and feature all modular cables and quiet operation. Note: not to be confused with the AX Platinum Series (760W and 860W) or the AXi Digital Series (1600W, 1500W, 1200W and 860W).
Along with the power supply Corsair includes three different colored labels that can be applied to the side of the unit to help color coordinate your next build if you so desire. The AX Titanium Series power supplies incorporate Corsair’s Zero RPM Fan Mode, which means the fan does not start spinning until the power supply reaches a moderate load (40%).
The Corsair AX Titanium Series is built with high-quality components, including all Japanese made electrolytic 105°C capacitors and a 135mm Fluid Dynamic Bearing (FDB) fan. Corsair guarantees these PSUs to deliver clean, stable, continuous power, at ambient temperatures up to 50°C and the AX Titanium power supplies come backed by no less than a 10-year warranty.
Corsair AX850 Titanium PSU Features summary:
• 850W continuous DC output (up to 50°C)
• 10-Year Warranty and Comprehensive Customer Support
• 80 PLUS Titanium certified, at least 94% efficiency under 50% load
• Fully modular cables for easy installation
• Zero RPM Fan Mode for silent operation up to 40% load
• Quiet 135mm FDB fan for long life and quiet operation
• High quality components including all Japanese 105°C electrolytic capacitors
• Active Power Factor correction (0.99) with Universal AC input
• Safety Protections : OVP, OCP, OTP, and SCP
• MSRP for the AX850 Titanium: $249.99 USD
Here is what Corsair has to say about the AX Titanium Series:
“CORSAIR AX Series power supplies are built with the highest quality components to deliver 80 PLUS Titanium efficient power to your PC, reducing power costs and excess heat. Using only Japanese 105°C capacitors, users can be depend on an AX PSUs’ long life and reliability, backed by a ten year warranty.
Zero RPM Mode means an AX Series PSU is virtually silent at low and medium loads, and even at maximum power, a low noise fan ensures quiet operation. Fully modular cables make PC builds and upgrades easy, as you only need to install the cables your system requires. Quiet, efficient and dependable, an AX PSU has everything you need to power your PC for years to come.”