Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Case Review
Introduction, Features and Specifications
Cooler Master has a long standing and well respected reputation for delivering cases, power supplies, cooling products, and peripherals to the PC enthusiast market. They recently added the MasterBox 5 Series to their formidable case lineup, which includes three models: Black with side window, White with side window, and Black without a side window. The front bezel is also available with or without support for up to two 5.25” external drive bays. The MasterBox 5 fits into Cooler Master’s mid-tower case lineup, which includes nine other product lines and over seventy mid-tower cases in various sizes and colors!
Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Case
The MasterBox 5 Series incorporates a straightforward design with numerous internal cutouts on the motherboard tray to allow for easy cable routing and flexible drive mounting. The case can accommodate larger, high-end components like tall CPU coolers, extended length graphic cards, and/or liquid cooling systems. The MasterBox 5 case can mount four different sizes of motherboards, ranging from mini-ITX to Extended-ATX and comes with two very quiet 120mm cooling fans preinstalled. Our review sample included a basic configuration of two internal 3.5” HDD bays, one SSD bracket, but no 5.25” external drive bays.
Cooler Master MasterBox 5 Mid-Tower Case Key Features:
• Mid-Tower ATX enclosure (LxWxH, 500x220x475mm, 19.7x8.7x18.7”)
• Flexible mounting options for SSDs and HDDs
• Supports E-ATX, ATX, Micro-ATX and Mini-ITX motherboards
• Easily removed dust filters on front and bottom panels
• Two included case fans (120mm intake and 120mm exhaust)
• Large acrylic side window
• Included shroud covers PSU and cabling for a clean look
• (2) USB 3.0, mic and headphone jacks on the top I/O panel
• Two internal 3.5” HDD / 2.5” SSD trays and one SSD bracket
• Up to 410mm (16.1”) for long graphic cards
• Up to 167mm (6.5”) of space for tall CPU coolers
• Price: $79.99 USD
The MasterBox 5 case arrived securely packed inside a standard retail box illustrating the enclosure’s main features and specifications. The case comes wrapped in a plastic bag and is protected by two large Styrofoam inserts.
Also included are a brief Manual, Warranty booklet, and a bag containing some wire-ties, assorted hardware, and 4-pin fan adapter.
The MasterBox 5 mid-tower case is designed for PC enthusiasts who are looking for a solid case with all the basics without a lot of frills for their next build. The MasterBox 5 comes with two internal cooling fans pre-installed with two additional locations on the front for adding more fans or liquid cooling radiator(s) if desired.
Cooler Master MasterBox 5 mid-tower case Specifications: