BeQuiet! SFX-L 600W Power Supply Review
Introduction and Features
BeQuiet! recently expanded their power supply lineup with the addition of two new small form factor (SFX-L) units, the SFX-L 500W and SFX-L 600W. The new power supplies are fully modular and optimized for quiet operation as you might expect from BeQuiet!. The SFX-L 500W and SFX-L 600W are 80 Plus Gold certified for high efficiency and feature a high-quality 120mm cooling fan thanks to the lengthened SFX-L chassis design.
While SFX-L power supplies are designed for use in small form factor enclosures, the BeQuiet! SFX-L power supplies can also be used in standard ATX cases to save room via the included SFX to ATX adapter bracket. However, keep in mind the cables are quite short as these power supplies are mainly intended for Small Form Factor builds. We will be taking a detailed look at the new BeQuiet! SFX-L 600W power supply in this review.
BeQuiet! SFX-L 600W PSU Key Features:
• Compact design for Small Form Factor PC systems
• High-quality 120mm cooling fan with Fluid Dynamic Bearing
• All-modular, flat ribbon-style cables
• 80 Plus Gold certified for high efficiency up to 92%
• Powerful +12V rail design (50A) for high stability
• Safety Protections: OCP, OVP, UVP, OPP, OTP, and SCP
• MSRP for SFX-L 600W: $119.99 USD
The BeQuiet! SFX-L 600W power supply is rated for a combined, continuous output power of 600 watts at up to 40°C max operating temperature. The PSU incorporates a single +12V rail that can deliver up to 50A, the full rated capacity of 600W. The PSU includes universal AC line input (automatically adjusts the AC line voltage 100-240 VAC) and active PFC, which makes the unit more environmentally friendly to the local power grid.
Packaging and Parts
The BeQuiet! SFX-L 600W power supply arrived packed inside a standard retail box showcasing the unit’s features and specifications.
In addition to the power supply, the box contains a power cord, mounting screws, a User Manual, SFX to ATX adapter plate with screws, and a bundle of seven flat ribbon-style modular cables for power distribution.
• 24-pin ATX (20+4) x 300mm long
• 4+4 pin ATX/EPS x 400mm long
• PCI-E x 400mm (to first connector)
• PCI-E x 500mm (to first connector)
• Peripheral SATA x 300mm (to first connector)
• Peripheral SATA x 500mm (to first connector)
• Peripheral HDD x 300mm (to first connector)