There is a GTX 760 in Gigabyte's Brix
Subject: Systems | August 8, 2014 - 05:17 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gigabyte, gigabyte brix, brix, BXi5G-760
This particular Brix is a lot more powerful than most with an i5-4200H and what they refer to as a GeForce GTX 760 with 6GB of GDDR5. The GTX 760 is not quite the same as the desktop version, with 1344 shaders as opposed to 1152 and a slightly lower clock at 967MHz Boost for the GPU and 1250MHz for the RAM. The storage and RAM are left up to you, with the assumption that an SSD will be installed like it was in The Tech Report's review model. The small system was capable of 1080p gaming at medium to high resolution which is rather impressive considering the heat constraints.
"Gigabyte's Brix Gaming BXi5G-760 is a mini-PC on steroids, with a discrete Nvidia GPU and a dual-core Haswell CPU inside. Can it hang with traditional gaming PCs? We put it through some tough tests to find out."
Here are some more Systems articles from around the web:
- DinoPC Slayer 15.6″ GTX 870M and Magma Wrath GTX 770 @ Kitguru
- PC Specialist Vanquish 270X System @ eTeknix
- PCSpecialist Optimus V X13 @ Kitguru
- Cube Raptor Gaming PC @ eTeknix
- MSI Nightblade Z97 Barebones System Review @HiTech Legion
- Armari Magnetar M16E-AW1200-GPU Workstation @ Kitguru
- TR's July 2014 System Guide