IFA 2015: ASUS Introduces ROG G752 Gaming Notebook with 4K and Skylake
Subject: Systems, Mobile | September 2, 2015 - 07:00 AM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: Skylake, ROG, Republic of Gamers, notebooks, laptops, IFA 2015, gaming notebook, gaming laptop, G752, asus, 4k
ASUS has announced the newest addition to their Republic of Gamers (ROG) gaming laptop lineup, the G752. What's new? ASUS offers these bullet points:
- All-new chassis with new design theme
- New plasma copper, armor titanium and lava red color
- Intel Skylake platform
- NVIDIA graphics up to a GTX 980M 8GB
- Optional 4K display
- Thunderbolt 3.0 technology
- Gaming keyboard with anti-ghosting 30-key rollover with 2.5mm long-travel keys
The high-end model is the ROG G752VY, which boasts these specs:
- 17.3” AG FHD IPS LED backlit display (1920x1080) with G-SYNC / 17.3” AG UHD IPS LED backlit display (3840x2160) with G-SYNC
- Intel Core i7-6700HQ / i7-6820HK Processor (TBD)
- Mobile Intel CM236 Chipset
- DDR4 2133 MHz memory up to 64 GB
- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M GPU with 4 GB / 8 GB GDDR5
- 2.5” SATA 2TB 5400 RPM HDD/1TB 7200 RPM HDD/1TB SSHD, PCIEX4 M.2 NVME 512 GB / 256 GB / 128 GB SSD
- DVD Super-Multi / Blu-ray combo / Blu-ray writer
- Built-in HD camera and array mic
- (WxDxH) 428 mm X 334 mm X 23~53 mm, 4.38 Kg (with 8-cell battery)
With the option of a 4K display and some serious specs the G752VY covers the bases for a desktop-replacement gaming powerhouse, topping the list of new laptops.
Sitting below the G752VY is the G752VT (yes this is a different laptop, though you could easily mistake the “T” for the other model name’s “Y”), and this 17.3” laptop differs in GPU selection with the GTX 970M and is only offered with a FHD 1920x1080 IPS display. Rounding out the lineup is the G752VL which has the GeForce GTX 965M GPU, and is otherwise virtually identical.
These new gaming laptops will be available in Q4, and pricing starts at $1499.