Intel's 510 is Marvell powered
Subject: Storage | March 22, 2011 - 07:01 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Not too long ago Al finished up his review of Intel's new series of SSDs and he was not terribly impressed although he has hopes this new SSD was rushed out for SATA 6Gb/s and that we will see another series that tops the 510 in the near future. The Tech Report also had a go at this new SSD with it's new controller and saw the drive as an example of compromises, with increased performance in some areas at the cost of other types of performance. They are withholding their final judgment until more companies release their next generation drives.
"Intel's latest 510 Series SSD combines custom firmware with a 6Gbps Marvell controller. We take a closer look at the drive's performance to see how it stacks up."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- Intel First 25nm SSD On March 28th, Pricing Unveiled @ VR- Zone
- OCZ RevoDrive X2 100GB PCI Express Hard Drive Review @ OCC
- Viking Modular SATADIMM 200GB SSD @ Tweaktown
- Corsair Performance 3 Series 128GB SSD Review in RAID 0 @ Legit Reviews
- Seagate Constellation.2: 2.5" Enterprise Hard Drive @ Bjorn3D
- Buffalo USB 3.0 Interface ExpressCard Review @ t-break
- Buffalo USB 3.0 PCI Express Card Review @ t-break
- Western Digital My Book 3.0 1TB USB 3.0 External Hard Drive Review @ ThinkComputers
- Seagate Barracuda Green (2TB) Review @ TechReviewSource
- LG Super-Multi N2A2 2TB NAS @ TechSpot