64 layers of EVOlutionary growth from Samsung
Subject: Storage | August 2, 2018 - 04:24 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: 860 evo, Samsung, sata, ssd, 64-layer TLC
Samsung have updated their popular SATA SSD series with 64-layer TLC and The Tech Report takes a look at it here. As you may remember from Al's review back in January, the drive did not show real improvements over the 850 EVO and was occasionally slower at certain tasks. It has been a while, so has the performance changed over time? Find out in the full review.
"Samsung has replaced the longtime reigning champion of the mainstream SSD market. We test out the 860 EVO to see whether doubling V-NAND layers doubles the fun."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- Samsung SSD 860 PRO 1TB @ Benchmark Reviews
- Toshiba OCZ RC100 480 GB @ TechPowerUp
- ADATA XPG SX8200 480GB M.2. SSD @ Guru of 3D
- QNAP TVS-1282-i7-64G 12-bay NAS @ Kitguru
- QNAP TS-328 3-bay NAS @ Kitguru