1TB of Thunderbolt 3 connected flash for less than $500? Patriot's Evlvr
Subject: Storage | October 15, 2018 - 03:28 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: patriot, evlvr, thunderbolt 3, external ssd, 1TB, phison e8
Patriot's external SSD is available for about $200 less than Samsung's, though it's warranty is a year shorter at two and it doesn't feature hardware encryption acceleration. On the other hand it also contains the brand new Phison E8 controller and 64-layer BiCS 3D TLC NAND which might make the drive more interesting than it appears at first glance. The Tech Report put the drive through its paces, comparing it to Samsung's X5 as well as other USB drives; check out the results right here.
"We were floored by the performance—and price tag—of Samsung's Portable SSD X5. Patriot's Evlvr 1 TB promises some of the same Thunderbolt 3 goodness without asking the buyer to take out a second mortgage. We ran Patriot's TB3 external through our test suite to see whether it captures lightning in a bottle."
Here are some more Storage reviews from around the web:
- Western Digital Black NVMe – WD’s Acquisition of Sandisk Made This Possible Review @ Bjorn3d
- Samsung 970 Pro 512 GB @ TechPowerUp
- TeamGroup MP32 M2 NVMe 480GB SSD @ Guru of 3D
- QSAN XN3002T 2-bay NAS @ TechPowerUp
- QSAN XCubeNAS XN5008T NAS Server Review @ NikKTech
- Terra Master F4-220 4 bay NAS @ Guru of 3D