Rounding up the i7-6950X reviews
Subject: Processors | June 3, 2016 - 04:55 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: X99, video, Intel, i7-6950X, core i7, Core, Broadwell-E, Broadwell
You have seen our take on the impressively powerful and extremely expensive i7-6950X but of course we were not the only ones to test out Intel's new top of the line processor. Hardware Canucks focused on the difference between the ~$1700 i7-6950X and the ~$1100 i7-6900K. From synthetic benchmarks such as AIDA through gaming at 720p and 1080p, they tested the two processors against each other to see when it would make sense to spend the extra money on the new Broadwell-E chip. Check out what they thought of the chip overall as well as the scenarios where they felt it would be full utilized.
"10 cores, 20 threads, over $1700; Intel's Broadwell-E i7-6950X delivers obscene performance at an eye-watering price. Then there's the i7-6900K which boasts all the same niceties in a more affordable package."
Here are some more Processor articles from around the web:
- Intel Core I7 6950X Extreme Edition Broadwell-E CPU Review @ OCC
- Intel i7-6900K @ Hardwareheaven
- Intel i7-6950X @ Overclockers.com
- Intel Core i7 6950X @ Kitguru
- AMD Athlon X4 845 CPU Review @ Neoseeker
- AMD A10-7860K 65W APU @ techPowerUp
- AMD A10-7890K APU Review @ Neoseeker