At last we can see the numbers
Subject: Motherboards | September 8, 2009 - 06:10 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
P55 based motherboards have been previewed all across the web over the past few weeks, Ryan has a stack almost as tall as himself. We have become quite familiar with their capabilities to over clock easily, the features they carry depending on manufacturer and series, but until today we have not seen performance numbers. The secret is out, expect all the P55 reviews you see from here on out to sport solid benchmarking data from at least one of the three Lynnfield processors.
Start your re-visitation of
the P55 series at [H]ard|OCP where they have posted results from their tests of the MSI P55-GD80.
It really impressed them overall, with special mention to an overclocking tool that works as advertised.
"MSI pulled out all the stops in designing P55-GD80. This motherboards
sports the new P55 chipset supporting the Lynnfield Core i5 and Core i7
processors. From its sharp looks to its bullet proof design, this board
looks about ready to take its X58 based brethren head on."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- First look at
the ASUS Sabertooth 55i motherboard @ Tweaktown
- Intel P55 Chipset Preview On Linux @ Phoronix
- Gigabyte P55-UD6 and P55M-UD4 Motherboard Reviews @
- MSI i5 P55-CD53 @ motherboards.org
P7P55D EVO P55 Motherboard - Performance Revealed @ OC3D
- ECS P55H-A Black Series @ PureOverclock
- ASUS P7P55D
motherboard review @ Elite Bastards
- ASUS i5 MAXIMUS III Formula @ motherboards.org
- ASUS P5P55D Pro Preview @ Techgage
- BIOS Option Of The Week - CPUID Maximum Value Limit @
- Intel DG45ID mATX Motherboard
Review @ MissingRemote