Lightsaber beats Claymore, ECS' improved Z170 motherboard

Subject: Motherboards | November 17, 2016 - 01:32 PM |
Tagged: Z170, ECS, LEE7 Z170-Lightsaber, Intel, LGA 1151

ECS have upgraded their lineup of Z170 motherboards with the LEE7 Z170-Lightsaber, using improved capacitors and offering some new features.  The back panel offers a pair of USB 3 ports which receive a steady 5V, perfect for a USB DAC as well as a pair marked in yellow with a polling rate of 1000Hz for your mouse and keyboard, unless you prefer the PS/2 port.  There are an additional four USB 3.0 ports and a pair of USB 3.1 Type-A ports as well; the LAN is powered by a Killer E2400 NIC.  Drop by Modders Inc for a full review and yes, before you ask, it does have RGB disease.

"The ECS Z170-Lightsaber is a significantly upgraded version of the Z170-Claymore, bringing more competitive features on-board, literally. Buttons directly on the Z170-Claymore motherboard PCB are designed to give users once click access to automatic overclocking, BIOS update, BIOS backup, clear CMOS, UEFI shortcut and more."

Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:

Motherboards

Source: Modders Inc

Video News

November 17, 2016 | 01:55 PM - Posted by TheTolsonator

Ahhhh very nice looking. Wonder if the gold piece on the south bridge can be removed without damaging the board.

November 17, 2016 | 03:49 PM - Posted by Crion (not verified)

20 bucks says that Lucasfilm and Disney will try to hit them with trademark infringement.

November 17, 2016 | 05:35 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

I'm not sure how Killer NICs are now, but my MSI GD65-Z77a board has a Killer NIC and my god is it hot garbage.
It randomly loses connection to the internet almost every single day.

It's not my OS install because I've had the board since 2012~ or so and my system has gone through so many OS re-installs, wipes, storage drive swaps, doesn't matter.

Unless I hear something definitive I'll probably never buy another motherboard that features a Killer NIC

November 18, 2016 | 04:52 AM - Posted by donut (not verified)

My ASRock z170 board has the Killer E2400 NIC. I have no problems with it. Whether it's better then the Intel NICs is debatable.

They release new drivers often so check the site for the latest.

November 18, 2016 | 12:39 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

"Lightsaber" is a trademark of the Lucas Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC

ECS should expect to be sued.

Source: http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=76072226&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType...

November 19, 2016 | 03:04 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

The patent that you mentioned does not include computer components under the section titled "Goods and Services".