Buy the Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD; get a 20GB Intel SSD for free!
Subject: Motherboards | August 24, 2011 - 04:33 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gigabyte, Z68XP-UD3-iSSD, Intel SRT, intel 311
Gigabyte has been talking about releasing a Z68 board with an integrated Intel 310 series drive since CES and they have finally released it. The Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD ships with a 20GB Intel 311 SSD already installed to let you take advantage of Intel SRT right off the bat. Power users will be glad to know it is not integral and can be swapped out with a 40GB or 60GB model if you deem it necessary for your continued happiness. That is just one of the huge list of features on Gigabyte's new board, which only seems to be missing support for 4 way CrossFire or SLI which when you look at the minuscule gains it provides is not a problem at all. Head over to Legit Reviews to see this $240 monster run.
"It's not very often that something throws me for a loop, at least not when it comes to motherboards any more. That's exactly what happened when I first heard about the GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD3-iSSD! My first thoughts were that it's a great idea, followed by that boards has to cost a pretty penny! After today's testing, I will stand by my initial though of that's a great idea. What truly blew my mind was the price. As I said above, I thought the GIGABYTE Z68XP-UD3-iSSD was going to cost a pretty penny, somewhere in the $350-$400. Imagine my surprise when I found out that the Z68XP-UD7-iSSD retails for only $239.99! Needless to say I was a bit shocked!"
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- ASUS Rampage III Gene X58 LGA1366 mATX ROG Motherboard Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H Review and Llano Overclocking @ X-bit Labs
- ASUS P8H67-I (Intel H67) Mini ITX @ Tweaktown
- GIGABYTE GA-Z68XP-UD5 @ Bjorn3D
- Sapphire Pure Platinum H67 Socket 1155 Motherboard @ Pro-Clockers
- Asrock Fata1ty Z68 Professional Gen3 1155 Motherboard @ Pro-Clockers
- ASUS Rampage III Black Edition Review @ Neoseeker
- Gigabyte Z68X-UD7-B3 Motherboard Review @Hi Tech Legion
- Gigabyte G1-Killer Sniper 2 Motherboard Review @ Ninjalane
- BIOS Option Of The Week - SSE/SSE2 Instructions @ TechARP
- ECS HDC-I Motherboard Review @ Hardware Secrets
- ASUS Crosshair V Formula @ Overclockers.com
- Asus Sabertooth AMD 990FX Motherboard Review @ OCIA