ASUS Z97-A offers amazing bang for your buck
Subject: Motherboards | August 22, 2014 - 02:26 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Z97-A, lga 1150, Intel, asus
At $145 the ASUS Z97-A is an inexpensive base for a system and yet it still offers quite a few higher end features. Three PCIe 3.0 16x slots that support Crossfire and SLI along with a pair of both PCIe 2.0 1x and legacy PCI slots allow for a variety of configurations. The half dozen SATA 6Gbps ports are simply expected now but the addition of an M.2 port is a welcome enhancement. When [H]ard|OCP overclocked their 4790K in this board they could almost hit 4.8GHz but ended up with 4.7GHz as the best overclock which makes it perfect for the price conscious consumer. Read their full review of this Gold winning motherboard here.
"While ASUS is usually known for motherboards like the Maximus and Rampage Extreme series’ or even feature rich solutions like the Z97-Deluxe it is motherboards like the Z97-A that are ASUS’ bread and butter. Shopping for an inexpensive motherboard doesn’t have to mean accepting poor quality feature stripped solutions."
Here are some more Motherboard articles from around the web:
- ASUS Z97-Deluxe & Z97-A Review @ OCC
- Biostar Hi-Fi Z97WE @ Kitguru
- ASUS Z97I-PLUS ITX Motherboard Review @ Hardware Canucks
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming G1 Motherboard Review @ Hardware Asylum
- MSI Z97 XPOWER AC - Extreme Overclocking for the new Haswell @ Bjorn3d
- MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC – MSI’s top tier gaming offering @ Bjorn3d
- Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 3 @ X-bit Labs
- MSI Z97 MPOWER @ X-bit Labs
- MSI Z97 XPower AC @ [H]ard|OCP