Post-Computex 2008: OCZ DIY Notebook Shown
Subject: Mobile | June 10, 2008 - 06:39 AM | Ryan Shrout
- 15.4” WXGA+ Display w/ Glossy Finish
- Intel® PM965 Chipset + ICH8M
- NVIDIA® GeForce 8600M GT with 512 MB DDR2 Video Memory
- PCI-Express 16X
- 8X DVD±R/RW + 4x Dual Layer Combo drive
- Built-in HD Audio Codec
- 3D Surround sound
- Integrated Touchpad
- A4 Sized Keyboard
- 1 Lithium-Ion Battery (9 Cell)
What you DON'T see is the the processor, memory, hard drive and operating system being included; those you get to buy yourself. The GPU in this model is actually a fixed product but I was told that a future product would include swappable MXM module graphics.
Looks like OCZ might actually being doing something interesting with that HyperSonic purchase after all...