MSI slips on a suit, the WS63 8SJ mobile workstation
Subject: Mobile | June 8, 2018 - 02:41 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: WS63 8SJ, mobile workstation, msi
Inside the svelte 4.2lb, 0.7" thick chassis of the W63 8SJ laptop is an i7-8750H with 32GB of DDR4-2400, a 512-GB Samsung PM981 NVMe SSD and most importantly an NVIDIA Quadro P2000 GPU. The 15.6" IPS screen is 1080p and the bottom of the laptop is, well, coated in microfleece. The performance of the laptop was decent but doesn't hold up to thicket workstation class laptops which are able to fit more RAM and cooling in. The Tech Report were also less than satisfied with the Thunderbolt 3 implementation on the W63, which you can read more about here.
"I took a walk on the wild side and picked up a mobile workstation not made by HP, Dell, or Lenovo with MSI's W63 8SJ. Will my impatience lead to regret, or have I discovered a new notebook contender for my on-the-go CAD users?"
Here are some more Mobile articles from around the web:
More Mobile Articles
- Asus VivoBook S510U @ The Inquirer
- Which MSI laptop to buy in 2018 @ Kitguru
- LG Gram 13 Review: The lightest 13" laptop you can get @ TechSpot
- IOGEAR Thunderbolt 3 Docking Station Pro 85 @ Benchmark Reviews
- Honor 10 @ Kitguru
- OnePlus 6: Perfect porridge? One has to make a smartphone that's juuuust right @ The Register
- ASUS ZenFone Max Pro M1 @ TechARP
- Xiaomi clones the iPhone X for $420, adds in-display fingerprint reader @ Ars Technica
- Moto X4 @ The Inquirer