Fixing a big oops
Subject: Mobile | December 3, 2007 - 06:21 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Madshrimps have a very specfic review, covering some surgery on a Gateway laptop, but their experiences can be carried over into other laptops. Opening up and upgrading a laptop is a bit more time consuming and frustrating than a full sized PC, so if you have never tried it before this article will give you a good idea what is involved.
"We will go through CMOS reset from a mistake made in BIOS setting. Replacing Vista with Windows XP and how about upgrading
the CPU while it is so inexpensive at eBay. Let´s call this a double 'upgrade' and fixing a fatal BIOS mistake made.."
Here are some more Mobile articles from around the web:
Problems with Wireless in HP Pavilion Notebooks @ PC Mechanic
- Taking Your Phone Line Online @
- ASUS Eee PC: Laptop, UMPC, or Something
Else? @ AnandTech
- Spire Endo notebook bag + OhMiBod @ DV
- Thermaltake iXoft notebook Cooler
Review @ TechwareLabs
- LG Shine KU970 @ Hardware Zone
- Sony Ericsson T650i @ Hardware