ASUS ROG Strix performs Hero-ics
Subject: Mobile | October 15, 2018 - 02:48 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: asus, ROG Strix, ASUS ROG Strix Hero II, GL504GM, gaming laptop
ASUS released the updated ROG Strix Hero II, which Kitguru grabbed for review. The 15.6" laptop is powered by an Intel i7-8750H and GTX 1060, with 16GB DDR4-2666 and a 256GB PCIe SSD paired with a 1TB hybrid drive. The screen is 1080p IPS, with a top refresh rate of 144Hz sadly lacking in either Freesync or GSYNC. The gaming performance was as expected, but Kitguru did find a couple of things they wish ASUS would improve, which you can find out about in the full review.
"That brings us to today where we finally have our hands on the Strix Hero II GL504GM. In this review we put it through its paces to find out if this is a must have laptop for gamers on the go and whether it is worth the £1800 asking price."
Here are some more Mobile articles from around the web:
More Mobile Articles
- Google Pixel 3 XL @ The Inquirer
- Pixel 3 XL review—Google software deserves better than this hardware @ Ars Technica
- Samsung Galaxy A9: Mid-range bruiser that takes the fight to Huawei @ The Register
- Galaxy Note9 vs iPhone X @ TechARP
- iPhone XS and XS Max review: Big screens, big performance, big lenses, big prices @ Ars Technica
- Amazon Fire HD 8 2018 @ The Inquirer