Quad core, Quad SLI, why not Quad RAM?
Subject: Memory | June 24, 2008 - 03:01 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Winchip's DDR2 667 may not be blazing fast compared to other DIMMs but the size is impressive. 16GB in four 4Gb DIMMs does stand out in the crowd though. techPowerUp! couldn't get the DIMMs to overclock at all, but they did set up a RAM drive and used VMWare to set up a virtual Windows machine with good results.
"There are not many manufacturers offering such massive kits, but Winchip has made some waves before with unique offerings.
Their 667 MHz 4x 4 GB kit runs at CL5. Such a large capacity kit is intended for very specific scenarios. We try to showcase
some of these."
Here are some more Memory articles from around the web:
- Corsair Dominator DDR2-1142 and Crucial
Ballistix DDR2 800 Review @ DriverHeaven
- A-DATA Plus-Series DDR2 800 2 x 2GB
Review @ OCC
- Aeneon XTune 2GB DDR3-1333 CL8 Memory Kit
Review @ circuitREMIX
- G.Skill 4GB DDR3-1600 Pi Series Dual Channel Memory
Kit Review @ Bigbruin
- Aeneon XTUNE DDR3-1600 CL9 4GB Memory Kit @