Computex 2018: G.Skill Teases Trident Z RGB Royal Memory

Subject: Memory | June 6, 2018 - 08:06 PM |
Tagged: gskill, G.Skill, ddr4, Trident Z RGB, RGB LED, computex, computex 2018

G.Skill teased new DDR4 memory modules at Computex this year including the mysterious and stylish Trident Z RGB Royal memory. The new memory, of which G.Skill had a single stick on display, features a metallic heatspreader with a mirror finish as well as a crystalized RGB LED light diffuser that manages to make RGB look awesome.

Unfortunately, other than admiring the aesthetics, I have not been able to find any other information on this new RGB Royal series of memory. Hopefully G.Skill will be more willing to spill the beans after the craziness of Computex is over and the memory gets closer to fruition. One thing that is almost certain is that these DIMMs are not going to be cheap!

G.Skill and Noticias3D have very short video clips of the single stick that was on display at Computex if you are curious what the crystalized RGB lighting looks like in action.

Source: G.Skill

June 7, 2018 | 01:26 AM - Posted by James

I want to build a new system, but the memory and video card situation are making me hold off. I don't know about nvidia cards, but AMD cards are still over the original MSRP from a long time ago. I don't care about RGB lights on my memory modules. I just want reasonably prices memory.

June 7, 2018 | 03:33 AM - Posted by ColossalCollapse (not verified)

I wait for the day when the industry finally introduces DIMMs that are all RGB LEDs from the bottom to the top of the module. No RAM chips getting in the way of the light show. Keeping my fingers crossed... ;-)

June 7, 2018 | 11:01 AM - Posted by shot (not verified)

you need to keep up with the news

June 7, 2018 | 11:24 AM - Posted by ColossalCollapse (not verified)

I am speechless. I swear, i haven't seen this product announcement before.

Thank god i gave up all faith in humankind already quite some time ago, so no loss for me this time around... :D

June 9, 2018 | 05:50 PM - Posted by Danny (not verified)

When's G.skill RGB TridentZ Royal DDR4 RAM coming out?