A preliminary look at BFV performance

Subject: Graphics Cards | November 9, 2018 - 02:24 PM |
Tagged: gaming, graphics, battlefield V

Battlefield V has just dropped and we are starting to see performance results, however they will be a while in coming as EA's wonderful policy of only allowing five hardware changes before locking you out of your purchased game for 24 hours is somewhat of a hurdle.  Guru of 3D is slowly filling in benchmarks as they are able, but with the hard limit on hardware changes it will take them a while.  AMD's RX series is easily capable of 60+ fps at 1080p on Ultra settings, however for 1440p you will want at least a GTX 1070 but if you are looking for 4K you will either need to drop your quality or plug in a 1080 Ti at the very least.  They also take a look at memory usage on the last page, if you are concerned that may be a bottleneck for you.

"In this article, we'll check out graphics cards with Battlefield V. We'll be brutally honest - the game looks great, and has been shaping up to be something pretty good in gameplay as well. We've spent a day now on the Prerelease to check out what the game offers. Battlefield V really doesn't need an introduction, it's really much like the 2016 Battlefield 1 in gameplay."

Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:

Graphics Cards

Source: Guru of 3D

November 9, 2018 | 02:54 PM - Posted by Bob, do something! (not verified)

I'm interested in the DXR performance and fidelity. Would love to see real-world performance in actual gameplay with DXR.

November 9, 2018 | 03:59 PM - Posted by elites2012

finally a properly written game where the vega 64 beats the 1080. still the vega line was not made for gaming. guess AMD gave in and let people buy it for that reason.

November 12, 2018 | 01:59 PM - Posted by Anonymously Anonymous (not verified)

i've got a 2600k@4.2Ghz and a 1080ti, BFv runs just as well as bf1 does on my system @1440p, and that is with all settings cranked up max.
I don't do benchmarks so I can't give numbers of fps average, % lows or anything like that. But I can speak to how it runs, as in game smoothness.
So if anyone is doubtful about game (smoothness)performance using an older quadcore w/HT, it does run very good. I mean, I haven't had any stuttering or hitching so the game "feels" smooth. True, by using a newer CPU one will get better peformance, but my 2600k is still holding its own.

November 12, 2018 | 09:18 PM - Posted by CinematicWWIIExperience?yesplease&thankyou (not verified)

I'll throw in my two bit coins in as well:

...4770k (bone stock @ 3.9ghz) w/1080ti (bone stock @~1900mhz)
...3 1440p gsync dells @ 4545x2560 (bezel corrected/portrait mode)

Game is like butter ice skating on teflon. Ultra settings. Fwiw, Gsync is doing all the magic in terms of providing that buttery smoothness, as I have played with it on and off. Difference with it on is incredible.
Regardless, at the end of the day, BFV with a 1080ti and some gsync is absurdly good. Do with that what you will. Ive got some respawning to do

November 13, 2018 | 03:02 AM - Posted by Ricky Bobby (not verified)

Here's my system specs:
5930K @ 4.0 GHz
980 Ti x2 SLI
3 4K Dells @ 11520x2160 (games runs at 3840x2160)

Having played the BF V beta, the game only used one card. So I had to run the game at High settings at 4K. Achieving 60fps average. Makes me wonder if it's time to upgrade. What do you guys think? I plan on getting BF V, but am not sure whether it's time to retire my 980 Ti's.

November 13, 2018 | 07:51 AM - Posted by shakenbake (not verified)

for me, the difference is the high variable refresh rate, in this case 144hz gsync.

with gsync off, the 1080ti chugs @4k ultra settings. still playable, but an unenjoyable experience nonetheless. gsync changes all that. went from a poor, barely playable state, to silky smooth. like butter ice skating on teflon. with gsync taken into consideration, i doubt i would see tangible improvement moving to a 2080ti. in my experience, variable refresh rate (gsync) makes all the difference. if your panels support gsync, i doubt you'll see a tangible improvement upgrading your current gpu setup. sli headaches aside, dual 980tis can pump out the pixels. pair them up with a gsync panel, and youre well into the territory of diminishing returns, at least imo.

fwiw, i went from 3 4k 60hz panels (which a single 1080ti handles quite admirably, and two driving that setup is quite impressive; sli sucks tho), to 3 2k 144hz/gsync panels. difference was night and day. high variable refresh rate is the way to go boys and girls.