Some Random Video Card Reviews
Subject: Graphics Cards | May 5, 2005 - 10:56 AM | Ryan Shrout
Here are some random video card reviews found throughout the web today.
- PCStats reviews an MSI 6600GT card
- ViperLair looks at the 6200 TurboCache card from Albatron -- expect to see my budget GPU comparison up tomorrow
- Digit Life looks at a pair of Radeon X850 XT cards
- Gamepyre reviews a 256 MB version of the X800 XL - only read this if you like SHORT reviews
- And don't forget about my own Radeon X800 XL 512 MB review published yesterday
The argument could also be made that current games don't NEED to have the 512 MB card, so why should you bother buying one now? ATI and NVIDIA will tell you that you are simply preparing for the next wave of game engines to take advantage of them, and you'll already be prepared. But as we all well know, if both ATI and NVIDIA are following the regular 6-8 month refresh cycle, then we all expect new cards coming up this summer. You can count on those next-gen cards having 512 MB, or at least a 512 MB option.