Processing Physics - Pentium 4 = 12 GFLOPS; x1800XT = 83 GFLOPS
Subject: Graphics Cards | October 11, 2005 - 04:00 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
The Tech Report has an article about a different use for ATI's x1000 series GPUs. Not only can they provide incredible graphical performance, but they are also much quicker at processing phsyics than your main CPU. Read the full article if you want to know how texture memory can be used for general storage, and what pixel shaders can really do.
"One of the more surprising aspects of ATI's Radeon X1000 series launch is something we didn't get a chance to talk about in our initial review of the graphics cards: ATI's eagerness to talk about using its GPUs for non-graphics applications."
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- ASUS Extreme N7800GT Dual @ HEXUS
- Hypersonic Aviator EX7: NVIDIA GeForce Go 7800 GTX First Look @ Anandtech
- HIS X800 GTO IceQ II Turbo Review @ MVKTech
- Video card jungle, what to buy and what not to buy? @ Rbmods
- HIS X800GTO IceQ II Turbo 256MB @ Overclockers Online
- ASUS EN7800GT Video Card Review @ motherboards.org