Pick up a GTX660 GC and get close to its value in online currency
Subject: Graphics Cards | February 12, 2013 - 05:33 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: galaxy, GTX 660 GC, factory overclocked, nvidia
For those unable or unwilling to spend over $200 on a GPU, the non-Ti Galaxy GTX 660 GC comes with a nice factory overclock of 6GHz on its 2GB of RAM and a core of 1006MHz with a boost of 1074MHz as well as a custom dual fan cooler. You are not going to be maxing out Crysis 3 with it, at this level of power perhaps online gaming is the way to go in which case NVIDIA's new bundle of in game currency might make a lot of sense for you. [H]ard|OCP tested it against the similarly priced HD7850 as well as the slightly more expensive HD7870. In the tests the 660 GC beat the HD7850 by enough that it is not really worth your consideration and traded wins with the slightly more expensive HD7870. In this particular case it might be the bundle that decides you, do you want in game currency or free full games?
"GALAXY has a factory overclocked NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 complete with a custom cooler. Today, we have it on our test bench to run against an AMD Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition and an AMD Radeon HD 7850 to see which is the go-to card at the $200 price point now in the latest games with the latest drivers."
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- GeForce GTX 660 Graphics Cards Roundup @ X-bit Labs
- Inno3D GeForce GTX 670 iChill, Inno3D GeForce GTX 660 Ti Graphics Cards @ iXBT Labs
- Arctic Accelero Hybrid VGA Cooler Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- 3DMark 2013 review: 52 graphic cards tested with the new benchmarks @ Hardware.info
- AMD Radeon Gallium3D Starting To Out-Run Catalyst In Some Cases @ Phoronix
- Workstation Graphics Card Comparison Guide @ TechARP
- Desktop Graphics Card Comparison Guide @ TechARP
- A Trio from HIS: 7970 IceQ X² GHz Edition, 7950 IceQ X² Boost Clock and 7850 IceQ Turbo X Graphics Cards @ X-bit Labs
- Club 3D Radeon HD 7990 6GB @ Hardware.info