Palit's triple wide GTX 1080 GameRock Premium

Subject: Graphics Cards | July 11, 2016 - 01:59 PM |
Tagged: GTX 1080, GameRock Premium, palit, factory overclocked

Palit's card is certainly unique looking in the GTX 1080 market, that blue, white and silver is not a colour palette used by other manufacturers.  That is not the only difference between this card and a stock GTX 1080, it is also overclocked with a core of 1746 MHz and VRAM at 1315 MHz, along with a cooler that covers the entire card and takes up three slots.  That extra cooling ability translates into a card that runs at 30dBA under load, and TechPowerUp did not see temperatures exceeding 72°C.  It is a little on the expensive side but if you have space in your case this is a worth contender for your hard earned cash.

"Palit's GTX 1080 GameRock uses a mighty triple-slot dual-fan design, which provides excellent temperatures and noise levels better than any GTX 1080 we tested so far. The fans also turn off in idle, and thanks to the large overclock out the box, the card is the fastest GTX 1080 we ever tested, too."

Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:

Graphics Cards

Source: TechPowerUp

Video News

July 11, 2016 | 02:19 PM - Posted by Jmac (not verified)

I'm building a new rig after 9 years and I was somewhat surprised to find that Palit has basically abandoned the North American market. When did that happen?

July 11, 2016 | 04:18 PM - Posted by Paul EFT (not verified)

I think PNY is Palit? Also Gainward and Galaxy, I _think_ are also owned by Palit (or something like that).

July 11, 2016 | 05:21 PM - Posted by RushLimbaughisyourdaddy (not verified)

when I read/hear about triple-wide I immediately think someone splurged to upgrade from double-wide trailer home, maybe I lived in the south for too long?

July 11, 2016 | 06:41 PM - Posted by Jeremy Hellstrom

I love it when a title does what I want it to! ;)

July 11, 2016 | 07:12 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Man, double wide is fer them rich folks, and now you is talken' 'bout a triple wide! Dat's my new dream, if I wins me da lottery! Ya hear me Brandeen, a man's gotta dream!

P.S. You could be saying the same if you lived in certain parts of Boston, or New england! Larry and his borther Darrell and his other brother Darrell is for real up here the same way that Cletus is for down south.

July 11, 2016 | 07:11 PM - Posted by Butthurt Beluga

That has to be the most aesthetically displeasing GPU I have seen in a good while, not to mention that awful branding.. "GameRock."

Palit might have topped PowerColor for most ridiculous branding and aesthetic.

July 11, 2016 | 10:38 PM - Posted by Aberkae (not verified)

I love these gpu teases of graphics cards that are pretty much missing in action unless you can point us to the direction where one can buy one for the uninflated price. More interested in an amp extreme but it looks like there isn't anything available anywhere

July 11, 2016 | 11:37 PM - Posted by aparsh335i (not verified)

Jeremey, i know i'm always bagging on you (surely youve never noticed) but dude....cmon...i know you live in another country but this website is mainly geared at the US market. Why waste an article about a brand that isn't even sold here?

July 12, 2016 | 12:37 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Plenty of mooseheads read PCPer, so I'll guess that up there in the great white north they also need be overcharged by Nvidia for their GPUs. Why should Americans be the only ones stiffed by Nvidia! JHH wants all the gold from all the fools that will soon be parted from it and from everywhere that there are fools to be found!

July 12, 2016 | 02:43 PM - Posted by Jeremy Hellstrom

And Australians and Europeans and ...

The USA is not the only place on this planet.

July 13, 2016 | 12:13 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

It is for SOME people.....