NVIDIA Releases GeForce 384.76 Drivers

Subject: Graphics Cards | June 30, 2017 - 05:26 PM |
Tagged: nvidia, graphics drivers

Aligning with the LawBreakers “Rise Up” open beta, as well as the Spider-Man: Homecoming VR Experience VR experience, intentionally written twice, NVIDIA has released new graphics drivers!

The GeForce Game Ready 384.76 WHQL drivers were published yesterday on GeForce Experience and their website. Apart from game-specific optimizations, the driver also fixes a bunch of issues, many of which seem very important. First, if you are a fan of Firefall, and your system was unable to launch the game, this driver should remedy that. The driver also claims to remove some or all of the stuttering experienced by GTX 1080, GTX 1070, and GTX 1060 GPUs on Prey 2. Texture corruption in No Man’s Sky, for those who still play the game in an SLI configuration, should be fixed as well, which I believe was a long standing issue, although I could be wrong (as I haven’t been following that game). Vulkan support on Doom (2016) has also been improved.

I should note that, when I tried to custom install the driver through GeForce Experience, the install “failed” three times -- as in, the installed wouldn’t even draw the install button. Eventually, it gave me an install button, and it installed just fine. Not sure what’s going on with that, but I thought you all should know.

Source: NVIDIA

June 30, 2017 | 05:55 PM - Posted by amadsilentthirst

Thanks Scott, Nvidia are getting on my nerves a bit with their forced advert watching while installing drivers.

I'm sure they specifically have a popup you need to click, so you have to monitor the install.

Then delay the installation enough, so they get all their advertising material in front of you, each time.

It's getting a bit silly to be honest.

July 2, 2017 | 08:08 AM - Posted by John H (not verified)

I can't wait for Microsoft to put ads up during the Windows 10 boot and logon process.

July 3, 2017 | 01:20 AM - Posted by Hypetrain (not verified)

Hotfix will be out early this week.

July 1, 2017 | 12:20 AM - Posted by Airbrushkid

I hope you don't play Watch Dogs 2, because these drivers cause the game to crash!

July 1, 2017 | 08:36 AM - Posted by Primey (not verified)

I'm playing Watch Dogs 2 just fine on these drivers.

July 3, 2017 | 01:21 AM - Posted by Hypetrain (not verified)

A hotfix is scheduled for early this week.

July 1, 2017 | 08:59 AM - Posted by Anonymous0717150 (not verified)

Anyone have a good reason why Nvidia hasn't switched to delta updates for the driver updates?

July 1, 2017 | 09:18 AM - Posted by ipkh

Delta's don't save much data on binary files. They are mostly good for uncompressed files.
The other main reason is for simplicity and support. They can support clean installs and not worry about previous corruption of install files.

July 1, 2017 | 11:04 PM - Posted by Sean (not verified)

I'm downloading games from the Steam Summer Sale and this new driver. My PC is very busy!

July 3, 2017 | 12:16 AM - Posted by Kingkookaluke (not verified)

I couldn't get it to update at all. It just ran all night long last night.
I don't have any of those games, so... I don't see the need.

July 3, 2017 | 11:21 AM - Posted by Droid126

Apparently these drivers enable DX12 on Fermi. I have no Fermi GPUs laying around to test.

July 6, 2017 | 11:02 AM - Posted by PJ (not verified)

I used Express Install. First installation failed completely, i.e. the installation report at the end indicated that all components of the driver failed to install. I rebooted then tried the install a 2nd time and it completely successfully. The nvidia Reddit was filled with people have similar issues. I have not had any problems with games after install.

GTX 970

July 11, 2017 | 06:56 PM - Posted by Librarian Access (not verified)

The latest driver caused No Man's Sky to constantly crash within two minutes of starting gameplay. I had to roll back from the hotfix (which I needed because I also play Watch Dogs 2). Once I rolled it back, No Man's Sky functioned correctly as it always did. It was a lot of stuttering frame rate and very erratic graphics.

Specs:
i5 - 4600
16gb Ram
GTX 970
4 TB HD

July 12, 2017 | 01:30 PM - Posted by Jeremy Hellstrom

Someone still plays No Man's Sky?!?

In the release notes I see this below, but nothing like what you mentioned.

No Man's Sky][SLI]: Texture corruption appears in the game with SLI enabled.

July 12, 2017 | 02:43 PM - Posted by Mike A (not verified)

Not that it's likely to interest any of the above posters, but 384.76 crashes any SL (SecondLife) viewer at initial login after install (which as noted above frequently fails) and renders them unstable on subsequent logins. Rolling back to previous version of the driver cures it, but needs a clean install of the viewer to be sure.

July 19, 2017 | 04:24 PM - Posted by helio Andrade (not verified)

GeForce 384.76 Drivers broke my GTX780 SLI. Please, publish fix ASAP.