NVIDIA Launches GeForce Experience 3.0

Subject: Graphics Cards | September 7, 2016 - 08:02 PM |
Tagged: dirty pool, nvidia, geforce experience, geforce

Update (September 7th @ 9:34pm): It's been pointed out in our comments that the new GeForce Experience cannot be used without logging in. It supports NVIDIA, Google, and Facebook accounts.

It's been in Beta for a while, but NVIDIA has just officially launched their new GeForce Experience application. The release version is 3.0.5.22, so be sure to check for updates if you were in the beta and your settings panel shows an earlier version. Also, there's an “allow experimental features” checkbox right under the version number, too, also in the settings panel. It defaults to on for me, so you might want to take a look if you use GeForce Experience for anything professional (ex: Twitch streaming).

Anywho, the new version runs a lot better for me than the previous one. I used to have quite long load times, often literally in the minutes, with version 2. With version 3, it often pops up in less than a second, or maybe a couple of seconds at the worst.

Obviously, if you don't use GeForce Experience, then you don't really need to update. WHQL drivers can still be downloaded from their website (although installing drivers through GeForce Experience 3.0 has been fairly bug-free for me) and most of its other features can be obtained with other applications, like OBS Studio. That said, it's free and pretty good, so it's worth giving it a try.

Source: NVIDIA

Video News

September 7, 2016 | 08:17 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Is it adjustable? I would like to be able to set fixed 60fps for all games. Possible?

September 7, 2016 | 08:39 PM - Posted by Tyler (not verified)

Might be worth noting that 3.0 has a mandatory login. I was logged in already, but it is kinda annoying for people that don't need it.

September 7, 2016 | 09:33 PM - Posted by Scott Michaud

Right. Forgot about that.

September 8, 2016 | 01:41 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Yes, YES! That's the ticket, just ignore the man behind the curtain, and the slurping of information and personal metrics, and the DRM(Not the Linux DRM display driver/server stuff, that's a different unrelated acronym)!

If windows 10 is not doing enough to make PCs into glorified consoles, now comes the GeForce Experience 3.0 and more of that “necessary” always connected crap. That’s one too many GeForce Experiences from the dark side for many, and Nvidia’s can stuff it where the Sol's rays don’t shine!

September 7, 2016 | 11:52 PM - Posted by jack7473 (not verified)

I despise the new login. I Uninstalled GeForce experience.

September 8, 2016 | 04:59 AM - Posted by mLocke

Not verified user complains about needing to make an account.

September 8, 2016 | 06:29 AM - Posted by BlackDove (not verified)

Not everyone wants to be constantly data mined. I shouldnt need to log in to use my graphics drivers with some BS running in the background that does nothing.

September 8, 2016 | 01:01 AM - Posted by BlackDove (not verified)

So far i havent been able to find any use for geforce experience. No option to reinstall drivers, so i just download the drivers from the geforce site.

All the optimizations it does are like the default driver settings: WRONG. So i configure the drivers manually.

Doesnt do HDMI color space, texture filtering quality or anything else right.

Now why do i need to login to your bloatware Nvidia? How about release drivers that work like you do for Tesla and Quadro and stop trying to analyze my system?

September 8, 2016 | 07:15 AM - Posted by JohnGR

People will happily start logging in when they will start hearing about Nvidia's promotions, and competition with free games and free hardware gifts. I am reading about MSI laptops and VR headsets this month.

September 8, 2016 | 08:59 AM - Posted by cyberwire

I've had nothing but issues with this update.. First installed via a check for updates form the old 2.x version, that failed at the end. downloaded the installer directly and it installed and I was able to get logged in eventually after getting past a few "something went wrong" screens. Then fails to load any details about "my rig" and cannot find any games eventually saying "something went wrong" and crashing. Uninstalled rebooted and reinstalled and I still end up with a non functional GFE. No firewall or AV enabled on win10x64.

September 8, 2016 | 12:28 PM - Posted by BlackDove (not verified)

Using Windows 10 is the first thing that went wrong.

Using it without a firewall or antimalware is even worse. But i guess with Windows 10 you KNOW you have spyware installed: Windows 10.

September 8, 2016 | 02:31 PM - Posted by cyberwire

temporarily disabling them as a troubleshooting tool is a smart thing to do however, so I mentioned it to prevent the inevitable first troubleshooting reply from being just that...

September 8, 2016 | 02:54 PM - Posted by BlackDove (not verified)

I figured that. I just cant resist when it comes to Windows 10. Ive been using Windows since 3.1 and 10 is one of the worst yet. I just built a new PC and bought 8.1 pro for it. Its so much better than 10.

September 8, 2016 | 10:57 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

I thought it was Bubbles from Trailer Park Boys at first...

September 9, 2016 | 03:15 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

UNINSTALLED.<\strong>

September 12, 2016 | 09:47 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

uninstalled; MASSIVE spyware issues

October 21, 2016 | 10:27 PM - Posted by Paul Jones (not verified)

Where are we going with this?

Perhaps it is time to stop gaming for good.

(see also NFL pissing of its customer base; the suits live in a bubble that needs to be punctured)

August 17, 2018 | 01:09 AM - Posted by Antonio Marco (not verified)

Love the NVIDIA Geforce Experience, one of the best Graphic card ever which I used.
Hostgator Coupons