NVIDIA 355.80 Hotfix for Windows 10 SLI Memory Issues

Subject: Graphics Cards | August 27, 2015 - 05:23 PM |
Tagged: windows 10, nvidia, geforce, drivers, graphics drivers

While GeForce Hotfix driver 355.80 is not certified, or even beta, I know that a lot of our readers have issues with SLI in Windows 10. Especially in games like Battlefield 4, memory usage would expand until, apparently, a crash occurs. Since I run a single GPU, I have not experienced this issue and so I cannot comment on what happens. I just know that it was very common in the GeForce forums and in our comment section, so it was probably a big problem for many users.

If you are not experiencing this problem, then you probably should not install this driver. This is a hotfix that, as stated above, was released outside of NVIDIA's typical update process. You might experience new, unknown issues. Affected users, on the other hand, have the choice to install the fix now, which could very well be stable, or wait for a certified release later.

You can pick it up from NVIDIA's support site.

Source: NVIDIA

August 27, 2015 | 06:14 PM - Posted by Genova84

I had issues with sli in win10, so I did the only sane thing I could think of: I went back to windows 7. Hoping it's all ironed out before gears remastered launches.

August 27, 2015 | 06:15 PM - Posted by jonduma (not verified)

Thanks!
I'm was having this issue with BF4.

August 27, 2015 | 06:34 PM - Posted by Scott Michaud

Glad we could help notify you of this fix.

August 27, 2015 | 07:32 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Only a month later after Windows 10 release. Nvidia fail

August 27, 2015 | 07:45 PM - Posted by hotfixthis_hotfixthat (not verified)

Poor nvidia fanboys having to install a new hotfix driver every week.

August 28, 2015 | 12:45 AM - Posted by renz (not verified)

ahem. what about those hotfix a b c d e f?

August 28, 2015 | 12:51 AM - Posted by renz (not verified)

hardly. they have much harder time fixing the TDR issue with those 560. and AMD still have those GSOD from time to time despite the fix has been rolled out in 2009/2010 time frame. this is new OS so problem are to be expected. some games simply refuse to work on win 10 (i have one here) where as the game work just fine with win 7 before.

August 28, 2015 | 10:24 AM - Posted by Goofus Maximus (not verified)

What game is that? I've had the opposite experience, of being able to play old games now, that ran like a slideshow in 8.1, and Sacred 2 Gold, which I could never get running before, but now can (with -nocpubinding in launch options)

All my other games run as well as they have since XP, from Fallout (1&2) to Command & Conquer Tiberian Sun, to the original Diablo (using the Diablo DDraw drop-in hack), through Unreal, UT2003, Open Arena, Source games, and all Blizzard's latest titles (starter edition). I'd be interested in knowing what class of games don't take well to Windows 10, and if it's because of Windows, or stinky drivers...

August 28, 2015 | 11:07 AM - Posted by renz (not verified)

Akiba's Trip. Work fine with win 7 before.

August 28, 2015 | 12:22 PM - Posted by Goofus Maximus (not verified)

Ah. My only Japanese game ports are Recettear and Chantalise, from Carpe Fulgar, and Final Fantasy 8 (PSOne version) running on the ePSXe emulator.

Right now, I think Windows 10 is a moving target; our business software wouldn't do an inventory update after upgrading to windows 10... until today, after the latest cumulative uninformative ambiguous update from Windows Update, after which inventory updates suddenly just work, as if to say "what? was there a problem?"

October 3, 2015 | 09:38 PM - Posted by bojacks (not verified)

i download the hotfix 355.80 and it did not work for my sli not at all.i did alot of things to get it to work and nothing.i want back to window 7 and it all work and im back to gaming i would wait for it to be fix be for download window 10

August 27, 2015 | 11:25 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Wow...people are assholes huh!?! Exactly how is this a fail? And NO there hasn't been a hotfix driver every week! If some of you idiots any clue...just a bunch of little babies, they fixed it, problem solved! And what is up with all this fanboy crap?!? Shut up already, Both AMD and Nvidia have had driver issues in the past, yes it sucks...deal with it, if you don't like it, go get yourself a console! lol

August 28, 2015 | 02:34 PM - Posted by ThE_MarD

Heyyo,

Haha, I like that last part of your comment. Too true, if you can't handle driver updates? There's the auto-updating consoles. :P

But yeah, AMD and NVIDIA have both had bad driver releases in the past... last I checked? AMD had more issues. Then again, there's always been speculation that their driver team is a lot smaller than NVIDIA's driver teams. It's definitely true on Linux, but I'm sure it's also true for Windows.

I really think AMD should work closer with game developers though with more AAA titles. That's fine that they can bitch that NVIDIA Hairworks doesn't run properly on their hardware... but it took them over a month after The Witcher 3 to come out for them to release a driver that didn't have flickering issues in Crossfire setups... that has nothing to do with NVIDIA GameWorks...

It just feels like people pick a side and then bash the other so hard. It's ridiculous. I don't favor NVIDIA over AMD myself. I've owned both. As of late? It's been a lot of NVIDIA since I have buds with NVIDIA GPUs who tend to upgrade a lot more than I do, so I just buy their used GPUs off them. I have seriously been considering on Amazon Canada, they are selling the AMD Fury X from Visiontek for $700 CAD. That's cheaper than the Sapphire Fury aircooled or any GTX 980 Ti! It's a crazy deal! They are sold out right meow though... but meh, I wish I had more spare money... that, and I have a wedding next year... DOH! Me bank account! You will be missed. :P

August 28, 2015 | 05:09 AM - Posted by donut (not verified)

But nvidia never fail. So people tell me :)o

August 28, 2015 | 07:12 AM - Posted by renz (not verified)

but AMD will never going to sell single gpu for more than $400....

September 1, 2015 | 01:25 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Who ever made that claim? Other than Nvidia fanboys trying to be sarcastic, that is.

August 28, 2015 | 05:58 AM - Posted by Irishgamer01

Yeah, and the Nvidia friendly media failed to mention it.
I went on nvidia's support chat, yes there is one.
Three weeks ago they told me SLI was nerfed and to use a single card. (I run 4k so that was pointless.)

So lets hope its fixed.

August 28, 2015 | 10:09 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

IS this why we haven't seen any SLI benchmarks in Windows 10? That bias...

August 28, 2015 | 11:43 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

I have SLI and have not had any issues, but so far I have just played Civ V and Witcher 3 and both have run perfect.

August 31, 2015 | 01:32 AM - Posted by adogg23

my sli 970 setup has ran better in win 10 than it did in 7 or 8. I Must be one of the lucky ones or something.