Gaming graphics for under $100
Subject: Graphics Cards | September 14, 2017 - 02:53 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: RX 550, gt 1030, nvidia, amd, esports
If the majority of gaming time your PC spends is on CS:GO, Starcraft 2 or DOTA then it would be cruel to force a GTX 1080 or Vega 64 to do your heavy lifting. In many twitch games there is even a distinct advantage to reducing graphics quality to its lowest settings when trying to improve your K/D ratio. TechSpot decided to examine this segment of the market, testing a ~$70 GT 1030 and a ~$90 RX 550 on a variety of eSports titles. The NVIDIA card outperformed AMD's offering across the board on low settings, however the RX 550 actually performed better on high quality settings though often both cards were below 60fps. Check out their benchmarks as well as their advice for those shopping for budget GPUs right here.
"It's time for another GPU battle, though this one is a bit different with GPUs under $100: from AMD we have the Radeon RX 550 and on Nvidia's side is the GeForce GT 1030. Our focus will be primarily on eSports titles including CS:GO, Overwatch and Dota 2 running on a Ryzen 3 test bench."
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- Radeon RX Vega 64 vs Radeon R9 Fury X Clock for Clock @ [H]ard|OCP
- RX Vega 56 vs. GTX 1070 FE – 28 Game Showdown @ BabelTechReviews
- Radeon RX Vega 64 vs GeForce GTX 1080 FCAT Analysis @ Guru3D
- ASUS Radeon ROG RX Vega 64 STRIX 8GB @ Guru3D
- RX Vega 64 Liquid “Unleashed” 28-game Overclocking Showdown vs. the GTX 1080 FE @ BabelTechReviews
- Neoseeker GPU Test Rig Upgrade @ Neoseeker