Custom cooling creates a great card, MSI's Gaming Z RTX 2060
Subject: Graphics Cards | January 18, 2019 - 03:56 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: RTX 2060 Gaming Z, RTX 2060, nvidia, msi
At first glance, the MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z is very similar to the Founders Edition, with only the boost clock of 1830MHz justifying that it's MSRP is $35 higher. Once TechPowerUp got into testing, they found that the custom cooler helps the card maintain peak speed far more effectively than the FE. This also let them hit an impressive manual overclock of 2055MHz boost clock and 1990MHz on the memory. Check out the results as well as a complete tear down of the card in the review.
"MSI's GeForce RTX 2060 Gaming Z is the best RTX 2060 custom-design we've reviewed so far. It comes with idle-fan-stop and a large triple-slot cooler that runs cooler than the Founders Edition. Noise levels are excellent, too, it's the quietest RTX 2060 card to date."
Here are some more Graphics Card articles from around the web:
- MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z 6G @ Kitguru
- Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 Founders Edition – Nvidia Unleashes RTX on The $350 Market @ Bjorn3d
- Using FreeSync with GeForce GPUs:How Well Does It Work @ TechSpot
- Adrenalin Software Edition 19.1.1 Driver Performance Analysis @ BabelTechReviews
- Radeon RX 570 vs. RX 580 vs. GeForce GTX 1060 3GB vs. GTX 1060 6GB @ TechSpot