... but will it play Far Cry 3?
Subject: General Tech | December 12, 2012 - 08:23 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gaming, far cry
[H]ard|OCP took the GTX 680 and HD 7970, both alone and in pairs, to see how they performed in the newest game to come with an extra serving of eye candy, Far Cry 3. At 2560x1600 with NO AA and Ultra settings the game looks spectacular but in order to get to that resolution you will need CrossFire or SLI as the frame rates are quite low on a single card. For single card players 4X MSAA at 1080p is a much better target if you want the Ultra settings. As for a winner it is hard to say, while the Radeon peaked higher than the GTX 680 the NVIDIA card provided much more consistent frame rates.
"Find out what to expect in Far Cry 3 with a GeForce GTX 680 and Radeon HD 7970 GHz Edition and also with SLI and CrossFireX performance. We look at several comparisons of quality settings, and let you know about the important graphics eye candy to get you going in your Far Cry 3 gaming experience. "
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Earthworm Jim @ The Register
- Hitman: Absolution (PC) Review @ Techgage
- Assassin's Creed III @ eTeknix
- Call of Duty: Black Ops II Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- Assassin's Creed 3 Performance and IQ @ [H]ard|OCP
- Far Cry 3 VGA and CPU Graphics Benchmark performance test V2 @
- Far Cry 3 Performance Test: Graphics & CPU @ TechSpot
- GPU benchmarks: Max Payne 3 (incl. 5760x1080) @ Hardware.info
- Humble Bundle and THQ Shake Hands, Many Heads @ Techgage
- Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 - The State of Call of Duty @ HardwareHeaven
- Pleasure Without Planescape: A New Torment? @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Hitman Absolution @ eTeknix
- Defender’s Quest: Valley of the Forgotten Review @ Techgage
- PlanetSide 2 Review – The Best MMOFPS to Date? @ Techgage
- Elite: Dangerous Footage Shows Complex Convoy Raid @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Shake It, Baby: GOG.com Giving Duke 3D Away For Free @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Steam's Big Picture - Gaming goes to the Big Screen TV @ Tweaktown