Is it a good idea to focus on huge tracts of RAM?
Subject: General Tech | December 19, 2018 - 06:11 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gaming, memory
TechSpot took a brief look at a wide variety of modern games to see just how much RAM they make use of. With benchmarks run on a system with 8GB, 16GB and then 32GB they give you insight into just how much RAM is enough to handle these games. With the price of memory still high, it is worth considering if it makes more sense to purchase just enough RAM for this generation of games and upgrade as the cost of DIMMs slowly declines. Take a peek to see how much memory your favourite titles make use of.
"Today we're looking into how much RAM you need to play the latest and greatest gaming titles. About this time each year we set on a memory capacity quest and last year's expedition lead us to conclude that for gamers 4GB is out, 8GB was the minimum, 16GB is the sweet spot and 32GB is overkill."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- It's beginning to look a lot like multi-threaded CPUs, everywhere you go... Arm teases SMT Cortex-A65AE car brains @ The Register
- Topological off-on switch could make new type of transistor @ Physics World
- Windows 10 October Update is now finally available to 'advanced users' @ The Inquirer
- Synology MR2200ac Mesh Router @ TechPowerUp
- Enter for a chance to win consoles, smartwatches, and more in the 2018 Ars Charity Drive