You shall not patch! Microsoft has blocked the new Windows 10 update.
Subject: General Tech | October 9, 2018 - 02:31 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: windows 10, microsoft, oops
It's hard to find users who upgraded to the new Win10 update that enjoyed the experience; so much so that Microsoft has actually pulled it and it is no longer available to install automatically or manually. They also warn anyone who downloaded it to hold off on installing the update for now. If you have upgraded and are missing files, stop using the machine and give Microsoft support a ring as they should be able to recover your files; something much harder to do if you have been writing new data to the drive. If you have a Microsoft store in your neighbourhood you can visit it for a fix as well; perhaps you will be their first actual customer!
"Microsoft has taken the unprecedented step of pulling a Windows 10 release a mere four days after its arrival amid a clamour of users complaining about files not being where they had left them."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Echo Show 2018 review: Seeing is believing, and there’s a lot more to see @ Ars Technica
- Qualcomm chip roadmap leaks: Now with added hotdog @ The Register
- Apple Releases iOS 12.0.1 With Fixes For Wi-Fi 2.4GHz Bug, Lightning Charging Issue @ Slashdot
- First it came for your desktop, now Windows 10 1809 is coming for your Things @ The Register
- TSMC revenues increase 11.6% in 3Q18 @ DigiTimes
- Google+ users, upset over data leak, sue Google @ Ars Technica
- Intel reveals 28-core Xeon W-3175X aimed at pro users @ The Inquirer
- Everything Supercon: This. Is. Big. @ Hackaday
- Elgato Stream Deck Mini Review @ NikKTech