Wired and wireless together in some sort of Chimera-like mouse

Subject: General Tech | December 10, 2015 - 03:56 PM |
Tagged: IOGear, chimera m2, gaming mouse, wireless mouse, input

Yes, IOGear has merged wired and wireless connectivity into a strange hybrid of gaming mouse, the Chimera M2.  There are even two sensors, an optical for when you are connected via a wire and a low powered IR sensor for when you are not.  You get up to 2000DPI when plugged in and up to 1600 when you are in the so called 'office mode'.  Overclockers Club found the mouse comfortable in their hands and were impressed with the ~$40 price tag.  Check out the full review for more information and a peek at the trick that the charge has as well.

"I also am not really a fan of wireless mice because I hate when things die on me, as I am too lazy to plug them in. But I have not recharged this mouse in the two weeks I have been using it, and I just went down to one battery light today. The plus is that if I do run low, I can plug directly into the mouse and charge while using it, so no worries there anymore. If I had to pick one quarrel with this mouse, it would not be the mouse itself, but the fact I don’t know what the battery lights are measured at."

Here is some more Tech News from around the web:

Tech Talk

Video News

December 11, 2015 | 08:41 AM - Posted by obababoy

Steelseries Sensei Wireless is the same way..There are a few mice out there that do this.

December 11, 2015 | 03:31 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Yes but he's paid to say this about IOGear product, it's a sponsored article. The hands that feed!

December 11, 2015 | 05:54 PM - Posted by Jeremy Hellstrom

Which he dost thou referest to?

December 11, 2015 | 02:26 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

I'm pretty sure that I had a Logitech gaming mouse 10 years ago that did this. /hipster

December 13, 2015 | 01:46 PM - Posted by The Guy (not verified)

Yeah, it was a Logitech G7 circa around 2007/2008

I had one of these as well, and was much better than this pos.

December 15, 2015 | 03:11 PM - Posted by warmon6 (not verified)

Well.... Just like others have said, other mice have been doing this for a long while now...

My g700s has been doing this for over a year and it's certainly not the first to do it. (Which im glad this mouse has a wire/wireless ability, as i somehow lost my wireless adapter when i was traveling.)

and it doesn't loose performance switching between wireless and wired.

Although it does cost more and swallows power from it's sanyo rechargeable battery like no tomorrow than this thing