Windows 10 Creators Update Opt-in and ISOs Now Available

Subject: General Tech | April 5, 2017 - 10:23 PM |
Tagged: windows 10, microsoft

A few days ago, we mentioned that early adopters of the Windows 10 Creators Update can access the new build early by running an opt-in tool from Microsoft. At the time, it was unclear whether users couple perform a clean install without downloading the Insider build, which would also require enrolling in the Insider program.

As it turns out, Microsoft, today, has updated their Media Creation tool to produce media for the Creators Update. I haven’t yet installed it, because performing a clean installation on your only PC takes a fairly clear schedule, but I’ll probably give my first impressions on this post tonight or tomorrow. I have already opened the ISO, though, and a lot of the files are dated March 18th, so I'm confident in the reports that this has been updated to Creators Update.

Again, I would recommend that the vast majority of users wait until at least April 11th, if not longer, to give Microsoft extra time for tuning the new build. The first couple of months of a new build have, thus far, involved frequent updates and some compatibility issues. Microsoft is confident with enthusiasts grabbing the bits tonight, so go ahead if you like, but it might be a little bumpy for weeks and/or months.

Source: Microsoft

April 5, 2017 | 11:56 PM - Posted by Mr.Gold (not verified)

It worked!

I'm saying that because I tried 3 time in the past and it would just loop (after an hour of upgrade/update) back to the same version.

Now, I have 3 other Win10 PC to update... but not today

April 6, 2017 | 12:41 AM - Posted by zme-ul

laptop did it without issues
desktop gave me problems with the Start Menu after update, nuking the video drivers fixed it ?!!??! o.O

April 6, 2017 | 12:15 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Just Keep supporting your own demise and using windows 10, on any device. This will be coming to the PC, It's only a matter of time!

It's Linux/Vulkan or it's going to be irrelevance for PC gaming! Watch out Independent Games makers the UWP(universal windows peasants) are leading you to ruin!

(1)

"Microsoft formally bans emulators on Xbox, Windows 10 download shops

Rules change comes ahead of formal Xbox Live Creators Program unveil."

April 7, 2017 | 10:35 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

I tried to run the Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant (Windows10UpgraderApp.exe), it got stuck at 91% for hours, I decided to restart the desktop computer, previous Windows 10 version was restored automatically without problems.

Conclusion: it may be better to delay this large upgrade for a later time, when most of the problems were solved.

April 8, 2017 | 11:11 PM - Posted by Scott Michaud

Yeah. Personally, I didn't have any real issues with the upgrade, but, if I wasn't already intending to clean-install Windows, then I would have been fine keeping the Anniversary Edition for another few weeks (or more).