What's the horsepower equivalent of -185C? The i7-8086K passes 7GHz
Subject: General Tech, Processors | June 8, 2018 - 01:39 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: overclocking, Intel, i7-8086k, der8auer
Der8auer is at it again, this time pushing Intel's Anniversary Edition i7-8086K quickly passing 7GHz in initial overclocking, showing just how well picked these Core i7-8700K's are. He pushed the core voltage up past 1.85V and used an impressive amount of LN to accomplish this feat but he feels there is more to this processor. Having had more time to work on overclocking 8700K's he has successfully pushed them to 7.3GHz, so in theory the 8086K should be able to beat that. Take a look at the video posted on the Inquirer to see this happen.
"The processor, announced this week at Computex, commemorates 40 years of x86 computing and out of the box can hit 5GHz on a single core without overclocking via the chip's boost frequency."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Blockchain's Once-Feared 51% Attack Is Now Becoming Regular @ Slashdot
- Stop us if you've heard this one: Adobe Flash gets emergency patch for zero-day exploit @ The Register
- GitHub's Nat Friedman confirms no ads, no Microsoft logins, no worries @ The Inquirer
- Talkin’ Treble: How Android engineers are winning the war on fragmentation @ Ars Technica
- WannaCry reverse-engineer Marcus Hutchins hit with fresh charges @ The Register