Welcome the new benchmark in beating on GPUs, Metro Exodus
Subject: General Tech | February 20, 2019 - 02:09 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Metro Exodus, games
If you have yet to venture into the new post apocalyptic Russian wasteland, you might want to hold off until you can get your GPU some reinforcements. An RTX 2060 will let you crank up the settings at 1080p and average around 50fps, while a Vega 64 will almost hit 60fps though without the fancy ray tracing. If 1440p is your target you are going to want an RTX 2080 if you are going to turn on all the features and still hit 60fps, AMD's offerings can handle this resolution though you many need to turn down some features. If 4K is your preference, even the mighty RTX 2080 Ti can only manage about 40fps with ray tracing enabled.
Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN is still shopping for a few more cards to add to their suite and an updated machine but they break out their recommendations by GPU which is handy if you have that card.
"Once upon a time, there was an old saying in PC gaming spheres: ‘But will it run Crysis?’ Then the apocalypse happened, and civilisation retreated to the dark tunnels of its underground tube system, the phrase becoming lost and morphed in the intervening years. Now we say in hushed, hallowed tones, ‘But will it run Metro?’"
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Microsoft, Paradox allow open game modding on Xbox One for the first time @ Ars Technica
- Apex Legends Armor and Gear guide - Body Shields, Helmets, Knockdown Shields, Backpacks @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Anthem review: BioWare’s sky-high gaming ambition crashes back to Earth @ Ars Technica
- Wot I Think - Civilization VI: Gathering Storm @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Nvidia answers questions about DLSS functionality and quality @ HEXUS
- Humble Great Gamemaker Games Bundle
- TWot I Think: Far Cry New Dawn @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Gamers Love Call of Duty 15's New Loot Boxes @ [H]ard|OCP
- Far Cry New Dawn PC graphics performance: How to get the best settings @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN