Ubisoft Has Some Games for Free

Subject: General Tech | October 8, 2016 - 07:33 AM |
Tagged: ubisoft, pc gaming, free games, free

This has apparently been going on since June, but I just found out that Ubisoft was giving away some of their older titles for free. Like EA's “On the House” promotion, you can keep the title, but only if you add it to your UPlay account before the cut off date. We're just before the change in months, so, for the next few days, you can add The Crew. Then, starting on October 12th, you can pick up the original Beyond Good and Evil for free.

As expected, you will need to have a UPlay account for this to work. Still, it's an otherwise free game, and a cult classic at that. While this promotion is officially for Ubisoft's 30th anniversary, and two games will go free after Beyond Good and Evil, Ubisoft took the opportunity to announce that a sequel to Beyond Good and Evil is being developed. I guess this means that we'll only have a couple more E3s where journalists write top ten “I want to see announced” lists containing Beyond Good and Evil 2. Yet another thing that will probably be released before Half-Life 2: Episode 3.

Source: Ubisoft

Video News

October 9, 2016 | 01:30 AM - Posted by Shambles (not verified)

Not even for free games will Uplay find a spot on my hard drive.

October 10, 2016 | 10:21 AM - Posted by pdjbIum (not verified)

Yea, I was a bit surprised by this when I first saw it a couple months ago, I mean, UbiSoft giving away free games? O_O

But it is for a limited time, it runs from June through December.

October 10, 2016 | 10:53 AM - Posted by Anubh (not verified)

It IS free. The promo is running from June to September, with an unique game for each month. The Crew was out for September(its still on), the October one is yet to come out.

If you get the game, its with you permanently, for FREE, even after December.

If you missed The Crew, it is a shame, cause it is really nice.

October 11, 2016 | 10:14 AM - Posted by pdjbIum (not verified)

fair enough, when I said "But it is for a limited time, it runs from June through December." I though it would be easily interpreted to mean teh promotion to offer the free games is limited. meh

February 3, 2017 | 03:15 AM - Posted by Jason Williams (not verified)

Is it till December only?? Then I missed it!! Anyways would be playing Borderlands 3 once it releases. The trailer looks awesome