Truly get behind the wheel in DiRT with SteelSeries
Subject: General Tech | June 20, 2012 - 08:46 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Simraceway S1 Steering Wheel, steelseries, input
With the release of the newest addition to the DiRT series it seems appropriate to take a look at one of the steering wheels currently on the market, the SteelSeries Simraceway S1 Steering Wheel. As you can see this device has little in common with the wheel foudn in your car and more resembles a steering wheel which swallowed several gamepads. This is on purpose as SteelSeries intends for you to be able to play using only their wheel. MadShrimps liked it for its novelty value and did indeed successfully use it in a number of games but they would have liked to see better software to give more functionality to this device.
"The Simraceway S1 Steering Wheel from SteelSeries is a unique peripheral made for people that do not have enough space in their gaming room to keep a full racing setup. The wheel comes with shift, throttle and brake paddles in the back and enough programmable buttons on the front for delivering a much better experience than using a regular Xbox360 controller. A nice addition is the RPM LEDs, but these will function only if the games also support it (F1 2011, Simraceway). The S1 also supports an optional wheel stand, which hopefully will become available in the near future."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Cooler Master CM Storm Sentinel Advance 2 Gaming Mouse @ Pro-Clockers
- Steelseries SRW-S1 Steering Wheel @ XSReviews
- Steelseries Kinzu v2 Pro Edition @ XSReviews
- ROCCAT Kone[+] Gaming Mouse & Isku Gaming Keyboard Review @ Techgage
- EPIC GEAR Meduza HOST Gaming Mouse Review @ Madshrimps
- Cmstorm Sentinel Advance 2 Gaming mouse @ Rbmods
- CM Storm Sentinel Advance II Laser Gaming Mouse @ techPowerUp
- Rosewill RK-9000RE Mechanical Gaming Keyboard @ techPowerUp