That's no Zune, it's a FiiO M7

Subject: General Tech | December 10, 2018 - 03:51 PM |
Tagged: audio, FiiO, m7, Exynos 7270, Sabre 9018Q2C, DAC

There are those for whom the idea of listening to audio via a phone is painful to contemplate, as the lack of a dedicated high fidelity DAC will ruin the experience.  They will quite happily drop $200 on something like the FiiO M7 and consider it a bargain.  The device is also interesting technically, with a DAC and Exynos processor running it, which is why the device is somewhat interesting to non-audiophiles as well.   Check out Nikktech for a look at the interface, hardware and audio quality if you are curious.

It also has an FM receiver!

"It may not be the flagship music player in the entire High-Resolution lineup by FiiO but thanks to its Exynos 7270 Processor and the Sabre 9018Q2C DAC/Amp the M7 should have no problem satisfying even the most demanding audiophiles."

Here is some more Tech News from around the web:

Audio Corner

Source: Nikktech

Video News

December 11, 2018 | 10:35 AM - Posted by remc86007

It's a shame it doesn't look as good as a Zune HD. I'd be really tempted to buy a Zune HD sized device if I could use it to control Spotify Connect and have a good built in DAC and amp for speaker and headphone output.

December 11, 2018 | 11:32 AM - Posted by Sebastian Peak

I would like to see the Zune HD come back. Couldn't afford one back when they came out, but Zunes in general were strangely compelling. Probably why I ended up buying a Lumia 920 when those launched...

December 12, 2018 | 03:53 PM - Posted by remc86007

The quality of the Zune HD is why I bought a WP7, WP8, and W10P. The UI of the Zune HD still looks better to me than Android or IOS. I'm sad Windows Phone never got traction, I dearly miss it.

December 11, 2018 | 12:10 PM - Posted by willmore

Oww, does it come with a leather case kept soft with the generous application of snake oil?

December 12, 2018 | 05:32 PM - Posted by Zorkwiz

Well done with the headline Jeremy, if it was you who came up with it! Decade-old tech joke and Star Wars reference in one... :)

December 12, 2018 | 05:40 PM - Posted by Jeremy Hellstrom

Thanks! Sometimes they just come to me ... and are actually amusing to others as well.

December 14, 2018 | 11:19 AM - Posted by elites2012

overpriced piece of crap. i still own my creative zen. its the size of a credit card and it still works.

December 14, 2018 | 04:33 PM - Posted by Jeremy Hellstrom

Nice, mine died years ago and I still miss it.