Stream audio to your old iPod dock from new iPhones and Androids
Subject: General Tech | August 21, 2013 - 04:49 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: airplay, audio, Dolry HiFi Stone S, C4 Electronics, wireless audio
If the change from the 30 pin connector to the Lightning connector has made your high end audio with an iThang dock obsolete then this review from Legion Hardware might make your day. The tiny little Dolry HiFi Stone S will plug into that 30 pin dock and accept either AirPlay or DLNA streaming over WiFi which will allow both iThangs and Android devices to stream music to the stereo. Since it uses WiFi and not Bluetooth you get a longer range and much better sound as you can stream up to 150Mbps instead of Bluetooth's paltry 2.1Mbps. It does cost about $90, but that is still a lot cheaper than a new stereo.
"So, here we have an exceptional little piece of hardware that will both impress and come in handy in many situations. Even down to chucking it into your pocket when heading off to a weekend BBQ to impress the in-laws while taking over their sound system! Less impressive however is the price tag – at a substantial $89 it is a little hard to swallow. In saying that, there is certainly a great market out there and those who will be willing to pay for it gladly, either to save selling off that expensive Bose sound system, or just to add it to a couple of average sound systems you have lying around the house."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Arctic S113BT Portable Bluetooth Speaker @ Kitguru
- Plantronics RIG Gaming Headset Review @ Legit Reviews
- NuForce NE-700M Earphones With Microphone @ NikKTech
- Noontec Zoro HD On-Ear Headphone @ Kitguru
- Attitude One Tunguska 7.1 USB Surround Sound Headset @ eTeknix
- Ozone Oxygen earphones @ Rbmods
- Steelseries Siberia V2 Red Gaming Headset @ eTeknix
- Ozone Oxygen Headset @ techPowerUp
- OZONE ONDA ST Stereo Gaming Headset @ NikKTech