SteelSeries exclusive audio bundle, the Arctis Pro and GameDAC
Subject: General Tech | March 22, 2018 - 04:47 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: steelseries, Arctis Pro, GameDAC, 9018Q2C, DAC, audio, headset
At first glance $250 seems a bit on the pricey side for a SteelSeries gaming headset, however it also ships with a seperate DAC which explains the pricing. The build of the Arctis Pro will be familiar to anyone who has seen the wireless Arctis 7, inside are a pair of 40m neodymium drivers with a 20-40,000 Hz frequency response. The DAC is an ESS Sabre 9018Q2C DAC and offers optical, USB and a 3.5mm line out, the second 3.5mm port labeled mobile is an input so you can play music on the run. The one thing it does lack is a way to connect to other gaming headests, which may be a deal breaker for many. TechPowerUp gave it very high marks for audio playback, calling it the best they've heard yet this year.
"The $250 / €270 Arctis Pro + GameDAC is SteelSeries' new flagship gaming audio system. It consists of an amazing gaming headset based on an improved iteration of the Arctis 3, 5, and 7 and the GameDAC, a high-quality external USB sound card equipped with the ESS Sabre 9018Q2C DAC chip and a host of advanced features, fully usable and configurable without any drivers."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- ADATA EMIX H30 + SOLOX F30 Bundle @ TechPowerUp
- ASUS Strix Fusion 500 @ Guru of 3D
- HyperX CLOUD Alpha Pro Gaming Headset Review @ NikKTech
- Gamdias HEPHAESTUS P1 @ Benchmark Reviews
- ROCCAT Khan Pro Gaming Headset Review @ NikKTech
- Roccat Khan Pro @ TechPowerUp
- Sennheiser GSP 301 & 303 @ Kitguru
- Edifier S880DB Review: Hi-Res Audio Speakers @ Kitguru
- Great Wireless Audio For $49: A Review Of Sbode’s M400 Bluetooth Speaker @ Techgage
- Audioengine A5+ Wireless Speakers @ Techspot